Berkshire Weekend
Well, we have been married two weeks today and are still enjoying the honeymoon bliss! I turned 26 yesterday. Andrew is married to an old woman now :)
We had decided before the wedding to head out to the Berkshires this weekend with our good friends Cecily and Steve. They had a couch that they needed to get give away or throw away because of space issues and we needed a couch so we made plans to make it a birthday weekend in the country and get the couch. Andrew and I got out here late last night and had dinner at a wonderful little French bistro called Rouge.....We had wine, split two appetizers and I got a wonderful dessert!!!! (if you are ever in West stockbridge check this place out!!!) After dinner we stopped by the main house where Steve and Cecily were and had more wine :)
Cecily's parents actually own the property and Steve and Cecily help them keep it up. There is a main ranch style house, a newly restored barn (where Andrew and I talked about having our wedding if we had waited till June) a little 2 bedroom, 2 story house on the very edge of the property and lots of land. Andrew loves it out here because he can do "manly" things and be outside all day working and there are almost no people around! Andrew and I get to stay out in the little house this weekend! It was so fun this morning to "play house". Even though we are married and have our own home.....a tiny 650sq. ft city apartment is MUCH different than a full house in the country. Andrew and Steve are currently out making doughnuts with the car in the snow, while Cecily and I are sitting here enjoying a fire, good coffee and relaxing. Andrew just walked in while I was writing and told us that they managed to get Steve's BMW SUV stuck, and the tractor that they tried to use to get the BMW out, stuck!!!! Boys:) They look thrilled themselves while Cecily and I are definitely less than excited about waiting for the ground to freeze so they can try and get the SUV and tractor out!
Tonight Steve and Cecily are hosting a dinner party here with a local winery owner, his wife, us, two other friends and also the columnist Robert Kaplan from the Altantic Monthly and his wife. Andrew and I listened to Kaplan's book last night on the drive down.....It is called Imperial Grunts and was very well written. I have a feeling there will be lots of interesting conversations about imperialism, military, foreign governments etc and amazing food!
Tomorrow will be sleeping in, having a leisurely brunch with Steve and Cecily, then loading up the couch and then trying to get it to fit in our elevator at our apartment building or navigating it up 6 flights of stairs!!! Let's hope for the elevator!!!!
Next weekend we are off to Vermont!
We had decided before the wedding to head out to the Berkshires this weekend with our good friends Cecily and Steve. They had a couch that they needed to get give away or throw away because of space issues and we needed a couch so we made plans to make it a birthday weekend in the country and get the couch. Andrew and I got out here late last night and had dinner at a wonderful little French bistro called Rouge.....We had wine, split two appetizers and I got a wonderful dessert!!!! (if you are ever in West stockbridge check this place out!!!) After dinner we stopped by the main house where Steve and Cecily were and had more wine :)
Cecily's parents actually own the property and Steve and Cecily help them keep it up. There is a main ranch style house, a newly restored barn (where Andrew and I talked about having our wedding if we had waited till June) a little 2 bedroom, 2 story house on the very edge of the property and lots of land. Andrew loves it out here because he can do "manly" things and be outside all day working and there are almost no people around! Andrew and I get to stay out in the little house this weekend! It was so fun this morning to "play house". Even though we are married and have our own home.....a tiny 650sq. ft city apartment is MUCH different than a full house in the country. Andrew and Steve are currently out making doughnuts with the car in the snow, while Cecily and I are sitting here enjoying a fire, good coffee and relaxing. Andrew just walked in while I was writing and told us that they managed to get Steve's BMW SUV stuck, and the tractor that they tried to use to get the BMW out, stuck!!!! Boys:) They look thrilled themselves while Cecily and I are definitely less than excited about waiting for the ground to freeze so they can try and get the SUV and tractor out!
Tonight Steve and Cecily are hosting a dinner party here with a local winery owner, his wife, us, two other friends and also the columnist Robert Kaplan from the Altantic Monthly and his wife. Andrew and I listened to Kaplan's book last night on the drive down.....It is called Imperial Grunts and was very well written. I have a feeling there will be lots of interesting conversations about imperialism, military, foreign governments etc and amazing food!
Tomorrow will be sleeping in, having a leisurely brunch with Steve and Cecily, then loading up the couch and then trying to get it to fit in our elevator at our apartment building or navigating it up 6 flights of stairs!!! Let's hope for the elevator!!!!
Next weekend we are off to Vermont!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home