Disney
Well, we are back! A little worse for the wear and we didn't actually ever enter Disney the park! Andrew had to attend a conference (SETP - Society of Experimental Test Pilots) that was at Disney. The government paid for our room and gave him a per diem, which made it an excellent budget friendly, mini-vacation. I decided Asher was too young to care about going to the Park and seeing/riding anything, so he and I hung out for 2 days with fellow TPS wives/kids by the pool. Andrew was at the conference from 8-5 Thurs. and Fri and 8-12 on Saturday. (he went to some of it, but did skip out a little for some family time!)
Our hotel was on the Disney grounds, so we still got lots of the Disney experience. It was enough for both Andrew and I! We were exhausted just watching all the parents and kids racing around everywhere and our friend's stories of 70min waits for a single ride, wall to wall people at night for the fireworks and terrified little munchkins on the "kid-friendly" rides made us VERY thankful Asher won't be ready for Disney for many more years to come!


Asher showed no fear of the Disney characters....In fact, he just wanted to chew on their giant noses!
Checking out the giant Lego Giraffe at the Lego store....I think Andy forgot for a second that Asher was actually in the stroller :)
Making new friends at the pool...........
Loving life and looking cute in his new swim trunks
Asher and I drove down on Thursday, hung out at the pool with some friends and then that night went to dinner in Newport Beach with 2 other couples. Our dinner was awesome!!! We ate at little local dive called The Crab Cooker. Everything was plastic/paper (cups, silverware, bowls, etc) delicious and cheap! It was one of those places that should be on the show Diners, Dives and Drive-In's....After dinner we walked a bit on the beach and then Andrew and I checked out the beautiful yachts.
Happy water baby.....
What a perfect place to take a nap! He slept there for over an hour!
Friday, I focused on Asher and naps! He was a total disaster Thurs, b/c he took 3 super short naps and got his first tooth. I have honestly never heard him cry so much over the course of a day or so loudly! He took a great nap in the morning, while I got to sit by the pool (yeah for baby monitors!) and then we went over to the other hotel some of our friends were staying at, for some pool time. The other hotel had a much better pool area and waitstaff to bring you drinks and food right to your lounge chair! (frozen mango margarita's - yum, yum!!) Asher got lots of water time and then proceed to take an awesome nap at the end of my lounge chair! We topped off the great day, with dinner at Rainforest Cafe with 4 other families and then walked around Downtown Disney.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home