1 Month Anniversary/Valentine's Day
Andrew and I did not plan well financially with how we have his birthday Nov. 21, one month later is Christmas(Dec 25), three weeks later our wedding anniversary (Jan 14th), two weeks later my birthday (Jan 27) and two weeks after that, Valentine's Day (Feb 14th)...... We are going to be poor people every winter!
I was very excited about this Valentine's Day because it was our 1 month wedding anniversary and I was Andrew's first Valentine!!!!! I had to work early in the morning (6:30am) while Andrew got to sleep. After my client I went home to shower and change because I didn't want to look like a wreck all day (my early morning clients definitely do not see me at my best!)
Andrew and I were supposed to go to the base so he could change the oil and we could pick up a few things. I met him at Kendall Sq. near his work while he was getting a haircut. (Guys think our hair is hard to maintain - I definitely would not put up with having to get a haircut every 2-3 weeks!) We decided not to go change the oil and instead have lunch together in the food court. Andrew gave me the sweetest card to read while he went to get his food. (we had made a pact that we would not get each other gifts or flowers) We had a great lunch together and then went to do a couple errands locally. The errands ended up taking a long time and so Andrew had to come to school with me.
It was the first day of mod 5 so I knew it would be an interesting class for him to watch. We wandered around school and I introduced him to my co-workers and then set-up him up on a computer to do some work. I left and went to get my class list and start class. My class is huge this mod - I think it is the biggest in the school. (luckily it is for only 5 weeks) Andrew did not want me to point him out right away....He just wanted to drop into class once it was started and observe. The first day is always fun because I am extra intense, serious and mean. It was very entertaining Andrew said to watch me "teach". After awhile I introduced him and the kids all clapped and were excited to meet him, as many were in my class mod 4 and had lived through the wedding planning.
After school I dropped Andrew off at the T to go home and I went to see another client. I had scheduled this client thinking we were just going out for drinks and would have dinner at home. Andrew had asked me for a date, but I thought he was just "formally" asking to take me to drinks. I was wrong.....He had surprised me and made dinner plans, but I had the clients. He had been able to change the time luckily. (although I must admit that I thought the dinner plans were fake and were just a way to get me home by a certain time - I was thinking he might be surprising me by having made something at home) Needless to say, as with any tight schedule....I did not make back in time. I hit massive traffic and then couldn't find parking (big surprise) I called Andrew and asked him to meet me downstairs, take the car, park it in a garage and let me change....He did not seem to like that plan, so I double-parked and went running upstairs to be greeted by him at the door with a huge smile. He opened the door to reveal the entire apartment lit in tea candles....they were all over the floor, counters, TV, coffee table etc....Classical music playing and a bouquet of tulips. I was shocked and now understood why he wanted to be in the apartment when I walked in. After taking it all in for a few minutes he went downstairs to take care of the car (we really were going somewhere) and raced around changing and throwing some make-up on. I enjoyed the candles but then realized I would have to blow them all out! We now have wax on our floors and dresser tops since in my haste I blew too hard and melted wax got everywhere.
We raced to the T and then walked as fast as my heels in winter weather would let us. Andrew had changed our reservation time for a second time and was quickly starting to freak out about how late we were. I had zero idea where we were headed until we got out of the T and started walking. Even then, I only knew we were eating somewhere in the South End. I was really excited because the South End has super trendy restaurants including this one Ethiopian place that I had wanted to try for several years. I didn't want to say anything to Andrew about the Ethiopian place because I did not want him to feel like I would be disappointed with wherever he had picked. About 10min past our reservation time we got to the place. It was the Ethiopian place!!!! I was shocked that he had remembered me mentioning the place!!!
The restaurant was in the basement of a building with very low ceiling and low lights. It was absolutely packed! We had to wait a little bit because of being late, but I didn't care. The tables were so interesting....The chairs were shaped kinda like mushrooms....They were low, with no back and the table was woven straw, round and low too.....It was almost like a giant dish with sides that came up a few inches and the whole thing was very delicate. By this time it was well after 8, we were starved and starting to feel tired. We ordered an appetizer, bottle of wine and two authentic dishes. The wait was long, but worth it! The food was so delicious and interesting. You eat everything with your fingers and this cold, soft "bread" (Although I loved it, I was right on the cusp of not liking it with my food texture issues) We left full, happy and tired. Andrew had to leave the next morning for CO so after dinner we skipped dessert and drinks at the other place we had originally talked about and went home to bed.
It was a wonderful, memorable day!
I was very excited about this Valentine's Day because it was our 1 month wedding anniversary and I was Andrew's first Valentine!!!!! I had to work early in the morning (6:30am) while Andrew got to sleep. After my client I went home to shower and change because I didn't want to look like a wreck all day (my early morning clients definitely do not see me at my best!)
Andrew and I were supposed to go to the base so he could change the oil and we could pick up a few things. I met him at Kendall Sq. near his work while he was getting a haircut. (Guys think our hair is hard to maintain - I definitely would not put up with having to get a haircut every 2-3 weeks!) We decided not to go change the oil and instead have lunch together in the food court. Andrew gave me the sweetest card to read while he went to get his food. (we had made a pact that we would not get each other gifts or flowers) We had a great lunch together and then went to do a couple errands locally. The errands ended up taking a long time and so Andrew had to come to school with me.
It was the first day of mod 5 so I knew it would be an interesting class for him to watch. We wandered around school and I introduced him to my co-workers and then set-up him up on a computer to do some work. I left and went to get my class list and start class. My class is huge this mod - I think it is the biggest in the school. (luckily it is for only 5 weeks) Andrew did not want me to point him out right away....He just wanted to drop into class once it was started and observe. The first day is always fun because I am extra intense, serious and mean. It was very entertaining Andrew said to watch me "teach". After awhile I introduced him and the kids all clapped and were excited to meet him, as many were in my class mod 4 and had lived through the wedding planning.
After school I dropped Andrew off at the T to go home and I went to see another client. I had scheduled this client thinking we were just going out for drinks and would have dinner at home. Andrew had asked me for a date, but I thought he was just "formally" asking to take me to drinks. I was wrong.....He had surprised me and made dinner plans, but I had the clients. He had been able to change the time luckily. (although I must admit that I thought the dinner plans were fake and were just a way to get me home by a certain time - I was thinking he might be surprising me by having made something at home) Needless to say, as with any tight schedule....I did not make back in time. I hit massive traffic and then couldn't find parking (big surprise) I called Andrew and asked him to meet me downstairs, take the car, park it in a garage and let me change....He did not seem to like that plan, so I double-parked and went running upstairs to be greeted by him at the door with a huge smile. He opened the door to reveal the entire apartment lit in tea candles....they were all over the floor, counters, TV, coffee table etc....Classical music playing and a bouquet of tulips. I was shocked and now understood why he wanted to be in the apartment when I walked in. After taking it all in for a few minutes he went downstairs to take care of the car (we really were going somewhere) and raced around changing and throwing some make-up on. I enjoyed the candles but then realized I would have to blow them all out! We now have wax on our floors and dresser tops since in my haste I blew too hard and melted wax got everywhere.
We raced to the T and then walked as fast as my heels in winter weather would let us. Andrew had changed our reservation time for a second time and was quickly starting to freak out about how late we were. I had zero idea where we were headed until we got out of the T and started walking. Even then, I only knew we were eating somewhere in the South End. I was really excited because the South End has super trendy restaurants including this one Ethiopian place that I had wanted to try for several years. I didn't want to say anything to Andrew about the Ethiopian place because I did not want him to feel like I would be disappointed with wherever he had picked. About 10min past our reservation time we got to the place. It was the Ethiopian place!!!! I was shocked that he had remembered me mentioning the place!!!
The restaurant was in the basement of a building with very low ceiling and low lights. It was absolutely packed! We had to wait a little bit because of being late, but I didn't care. The tables were so interesting....The chairs were shaped kinda like mushrooms....They were low, with no back and the table was woven straw, round and low too.....It was almost like a giant dish with sides that came up a few inches and the whole thing was very delicate. By this time it was well after 8, we were starved and starting to feel tired. We ordered an appetizer, bottle of wine and two authentic dishes. The wait was long, but worth it! The food was so delicious and interesting. You eat everything with your fingers and this cold, soft "bread" (Although I loved it, I was right on the cusp of not liking it with my food texture issues) We left full, happy and tired. Andrew had to leave the next morning for CO so after dinner we skipped dessert and drinks at the other place we had originally talked about and went home to bed.
It was a wonderful, memorable day!




3 Comments:
What do you think about A drink on Thursday, or at some point this week...I feel like somethings going on after school, but basic jist...I'll give you a buzz and drop by soon to see the place
Haha, Jeeze... you guys have some hip stories :D I love reading about your life!
What a wonderful night! Loved reading about it! Wishing you a wonderful life together!
Post a Comment
<< Home