Monday, October 16, 2006

Christina and Sharon come for a visit!

We had a great weekend with friends from Boston and Andy's mom in town. Sharon got here Thursday evening and stayed with us till Sunday afternoon. She had a conference to attend in the Springs and we of course love hanging out with her! Thursday night she and Andy hung out while I was in Denver meeting my Boston girlfriends for dinner (Allison, Tina and Christina) Friday, we grilled out together and watched the movie National Treasure (no comments please, I like that movie a lot!!!) ....It was a perfect Friday after a long week.

Saturday morning Sharon went off to the conference and Andy and I drove to Boulder to meet up with Christina and company. We went to the Texas Tech vs. Colorado U football game! CU was 0-6 going in to the game and Texas was 4-2.....Christina and company were all Texas Tech alum so they were feeling pretty good about the game going in. We thought we would be sitting with fellow Tech fans, but no, we were the ONLY Techs fans in the entire section! The day started out warm and sunny, just like everyone's thoughts about the game, but it was short lived.....By the end of the game Tech had lost 30-6, the fans around us were yelling at us and it was overcast, cold and drizzling! Such a bummer!!!! We drove back after the game and took Sharon to our new favorite bar.....Spankey's!!!! They have 25cent wings on Saturdays and you can get them naked, with sauce on the side..... It was a much better end to the day!

Sunday Sharon came to our church with us (http://www.iac-cs.org/) and then afterwards we went out to this little French restaurant called Le Creperie and had crepes together sitting outside in the sun! By mid-afternoon Sharon had to leave and Andy and I started gearing up for the reality of Monday morning!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend! Thanks for your hospitality and laughter. I esp. loved the fellowship of your church. I miss you guys! Loves, Sharon

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home