13th Annual Fruitcake Toss
Are any of you lucky enough to have an annual fruitcake toss in your town!?!?!?
Turns out that Manitou Springs, is semi-famous for their fruitcake toss. I wanted to go last year, but missed it. This year, we met up with our good friends Katrina, Corbin and their baby Joah (in town from FL for the holidays - http://nicevilleckj.blogspot.com/) and brought our German exchange student Jannes along plus two dogs (we are dog-sitting). I wish I could say that it was awesome, but the wind was so bad that after about 30min we wimped out and decided to go have coffee together inside! The catapults did look pretty cool though and we were able to watch the munchkins toss their fruitcakes. Boeing had a team there with a super cool catapult and I am sure the fruitcake flew really far! If you ever see a documentary in theaters or in Blockbuster about fruitcake tossing, know that it was filmed as we were there! I am sure it is going to be Oscar quality! :)
This is a "death ray" that is using the sun to burn fruitcake. It actually smelled great and Boots kept wanting to try and eat it! It was made by the son of a Boeing catapult team member.




1 Comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.
Post a Comment
<< Home