Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Prom and Sunset

Sunday's have become our all-day date days..... Andrew has been working at the lab 6 days a week and until 11pm or later some nights, and I have been putting in 12 hrs day or longer now that I am teaching three times a day.

This past weekend (April 7-9) though we had a Saturday night date and time together on Sunday. Andrew's work had "prom" as we nicknamed it. The lab he works for had their annual social Saturday night. It was held at the museum of Science which was the perfect spot for a bunch of engineer/math types. The whole museum was ours to explore (w/o kids running around) There were several different food stations, couple bars, and a live band...(that played everything from Alicia Keys and Outkast to old school swing music...it was pretty funny!)

When we were getting dressed to go Andrew asked me which sports coat I preferred (it was cocktail dress) and when I put my hand on one, I felt something in the inside pocket......It turned out to be the Draper Social's Program from last year....He had picked out the same jacket and pants that he wore last year(pre-me)! We both started laughing and decided to go with something else. In the end he looked awesome in a black suit, light pink button-down and no tie....oh so trendy! :)

Our friends, Katrina and Corban stopped by to pick us up (Corban was Andrew's best man) It was a great night of getting to people watch (for me) and to play with everything (all of us). I could barely get Andrew out of the mathematics lab while I enjoyed the dinosaur exhibit and the electricity room. The best part of the night was being able to get out on the dance floor and dance. Andrew had had us all laughing so hard over re-enacting the dance scenes from the movie "Hitch". He was great at them all! (he does not actually dance like that though!) All in all a much cuter, and way better dancer than my actual high school prom date! Come June he gets to be my "high school" prom date when I have to chaperone prom for my school....That will be quite the night!

Sunday was awesome. We woke up around 9am (which for us on weekends is really early!!!) Andrew had to get over to the lab to pick up the car (we leave it at his work garage on weekends when we don't need it and don't want to try and drive around forever looking for a spot) Then he picked me up and we headed to the North Shore for church. Andrew really wanted to go to the church we got married in because it is Episcopal and Palm Sunday is a big deal for them. It was an awesome service. I had no idea how other denominations celebrate Palm Sunday because I grew up non-deominational and really never celebrated it. It was a high Eucharist service. At one point the whole congreation got up and paraded outside the church singing worship songs...There was even a trumpeter playing outside!!! It was very beautiful.

After church we stopped by my Aunt and Uncle's house. I ran into the basement to look for something from the wedding and ended up finding a wedding present that somehow had come home with my Aunt! (finding cash in a random pocket is one of my favorite things, but finding presents was pretty fun too!) On the way home we stopped at REI and the air force base to pick-up a few groceries. Once home a nap was seriously tempting, but instead we decided to walk to Newbury Street. We ended up walking the whole way down Newbury and back through the Commons and Gardens. And after all that shopping (about 3hrs. worth) we only spent $4.75 on an olive oil dipping dish. It was really fun to just be able to have the time to wander around our city and spend time together without having to race somewhere. Everyone was out "cruising the strip", looking Euro and pretending it was warmer than it really was! When we got home Andrew really wanted to watch the sunset from our rooftop deck. (I on the other hand was tired and cold and wanted to lay on the couch) We piled on clothes, hats, jackets and brought a bag of goodies with us. (the joys of spring in Boston :) Our deck overlooks the whole city including the the Charles River and has a picnic table to sit at. We opened a bottle of red wine, the newly found wedding present of dipping olive oil, and bread. It turned out to be a great place to meet people in the building. Another couple from the 4th floor, had the same idea as us. Andrew was right, it was a gorgeous sunset and worth the chilly weather :) After watching that, we went inside and I made a shrimp, shittike mushroom, and pesto pasta dish while Andrew talked with one of his cousins for a while. We started the movie "The Full Monty" only I fell completely asleep and Andrew had to pick me up and put me to bed! (the next morning I asked him what time I had fallen asleep and it had only been 10pm! I am getting so old!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I love reading these stories!! Keep posting stuff! It's great because whenever I get on I've never really got much to do or read, so these stories are awesome! Your lives sound fantastic, and I hope that you're both doing well!! I miss you guys sooper lots! and I can't wait for the Lake this summer... You're coming right? You best not be ditching out on this Lake action! I can't wait to see you both agian!!!!!!
Love Lots!!!
Nick

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home