Friday, August 08, 2008

Did you get this much exercise as a kid?


I saw this at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis the other day. At first, I was shocked and thought, no way that is happening in our country or could even happen. Then I thought back to my childhood.....I think 60min was probably low for the amount of activity I got. In school, we still had recess and after school I often was running barefoot through the neighborhood, making forts in the woods, on a swim team in the summer, skiing in the winter and rarely stopped until bedtime. (not that I am much different now) I think not having TV and video games really helped my brother and I stay active (our younger siblings now have both TV and video games)

Andrew and I don't have a TV now and I hope it will stay that way for years to come. "Active Play" here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

AS a kid I think I had gotten way more exercise than 60 minutes a day? Try after breakfast until dinner time and then we would runout and go until the lights came on....

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home