Along for the ride...
Ever since Asher finally came home from the NICU, I have worn him. I never intended to be an "attachment" parent, but I guess by default I am. Because Asher was on O2 for months after he came home and we always needed to be conscious of placing him in positions that didn't affect his airway, wearing him became the easiest option available. Over a year later and he still loves to go along for a ride!
While with my family, Asher got to go for a ride with almost everyone! I think the only people who didn't wear him were my Dad and Jesse! (reason being Jesse is only 9 and my Dad was sick for some of the time we were there)

Asher and Nana would go for a walk on the beach every morning, while I got a bit more sleep! These 2 are early risers, I am NOT! :)

My brothers are going to make awesome Daddies one day!

This was at James' graduation. Joel got so many smiles from people, as they watched him carry Asher around. Not many 15 yr old guys are self confident enough to wear a baby! I love my brother!

Bethie is such a sweet mother hen. She loved carrying Asher and helping me take care of him the whole time we were visiting.

Looking at him on her back, he actually looks big!
I only got a photo of Josh and Asher on my phone which is not an iphone, so I can't post it! I do have a funny story about him wearing Asher though. He wore Asher while we walked into town to get coffee. (Crazily, neither of my parents drink coffee - imagine raising 8 kids without the help of coffee!!!! - but all of their kids drink it! - well not the last two :) Anyway, as I am helping Josh put Asher on his back, he makes a teasing comment about it affecting his mojo. I was laughing and said "No way! Just the opposite. Girls are going to think you are so much cuter, because you are wearing Asher and are seemingly sensitive" :) We walk into town, get our coffee, and then stop next door at a kids store to browse (which of course turned into buying:) Since my Mom and I got caught up in all the cute stuff, we let Asher get down and run around the store a bit. After making our purchases, I rounded up Asher to put him on Josh's back again. The sales associate started talking to Asher and said "Time to go with Daddy!!!!" I very quickly and probably with an extremely horrified look on my face, said "That isn't Daddy, that's my brother!!! His Uncle!" Seriously woman, my brother is almost 19!!! I am 30!!! So much for helping my brother's mojo!




1 Comments:
cute photo montage! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home