Flying High
The day before Andrew's graduation from Test Pilot School, I got a chance to go glider flying with one of his instructor's. They had had a spouse's day where most of my fellow wives went glider flying, but I was at my brother's graduation in VA. Randomly, they decided to offer another chance to go flying to any spouses or family in town for graduation. That was great for us, since it would have cost about $150 if I tried to do it on my own!

Getting settled into the tiny seat. Talk about weird to climb into a plane and pull the canopy over yourself!

Asher got to sit with me for a few minutes before we took off. He loved it!

The tow plane took us up to 7,000 ft before we detached from it.
If it wasn't for this tiny air hole I definitely would have puked!

I got the "honor" of detaching us from the tow plane.... I will admit I was a bit nervous to pull the cord, knowing we didn't have our own engine or radio communications.
So thankful for this sign! Pre-Asher my stomach could handle more, but now it is a lot more sensitive to motion, which always surprises me. No idea why my stomach permanently changed, but it has!
Looking out over Tehachapi, CA. It was a beautiful day for gliding and though I felt a little air sick, it was an awesome experience. Surprising myself though, I realized I liked sky-diving better then glider flying! We will see what Asher prefers when he gets old enough to try them both out....(only if he wants to:)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home