Friday, October 22, 2010

Museum of Fine Arts

So as I mentioned in the previous post, we were living in the deep south for the last month and by the deep south, I mean Montgomery, Alabama......Doesn't get more Southern than there! Andrew was there for a 5 wk program, so Asher and I tagged along (I have decided I will go just about anywhere, anytime to get a break from desert living!) We had SO many fun adventures and I was almost in tears about coming back to Edwards. Thank goodness for my girlfriends, because there isn't much else I love about living here!
Anyway, one of my favorite things to do with Asher was play at the Museum of Fine Arts. It was about 15minutes away from base...(mind you, I AM NOT EVEN OFF BASE IN 15 MIN OUT HERE!!! but I digress...) The museum was free AND had a huge children's wing where Asher could literally touch and play with everything! Not to much the acres and acres of land to run around, the ducks to feed in the multiple ponds and the Shakespeare theater that had kids productions as well as ones for grown-ups. Insert huge sigh...
I think he is a budding artist...
In the case, were race cars you could make move all over the painting, that mimicked the piece on the wall. Art + Race cars = something interesting for a little boy
Momma playing with the tribal masks. They had a chest full of masks from all over the world. Asher thought it was a blast to hand me one and see me put it "on". He had no interest in looking through them himself, but amazingly wasn't afraid of seeing me "wear" them.
Making a quilt. The kids wing had so many different aspects of art...How frames change a picture, how quilts can be art, how to balance objects in a painting, print making, etc
Out in the grown-up section. Asher loved the sculptures, especially the one that was sort of shaped like a ball. He didn't exactly use a museum voice to share his excitement over it! :)
Action shot! He is moving fast these days!
This room was so cool. Every time we went in, the screen would do different things with our shape! I love how you can see Asher's little body running right on through.
Already practicing for school someday! :)
I usually had to pry him away from here every time we went, because it was at the beginning of the wing and climbing is a favorite activity these days.
Making computer art! A real computer + buttons to push = Happy Asher. He LOVES when he pushes a button and something makes a noise or he can see something change on the screen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew and Jennifer said...

We were at SOS in August and enjoyed the museum, too! It's too bad we weren't there at the same time. I bet the boys (big and small) would have had fun together!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home