Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Breastfeeding Doesn't Suck!" Celeb PSA - National Breastfeeding Month - Celebrity Video & Stories

"Breastfeeding Doesn't Suck!" Celeb PSA - National Breastfeeding Month - Celebrity Video & Stories

This a pretty funny 30sec video in honor of August being National Breastfeeding Awareness Month! Anyone who has been around me for more than 1 hour knows my child is VERY into nursing and I am very open about nursing. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with nursing, although it hasn't been a cake walk (3 mastitis (staph) infections, pumping for months while he was in the NICU, having to cut out dairy, eggs, nuts and soy for more than 7months, etc) Even with all of that, it has been such a blessing and I am so thankful that Asher was/is able to nurse. I know not everyone likes it, or has an easy time with it, but I think that if our society was more accepting and encouraging, it would be so much easier for Mom's. It is truly incredible the benefits to your body and your baby....I mean who doesn't want their child to have a higher IQ, lower cancer, diabetes and obesity rates?!?!?! AND get to eat Ben & Jerry's without guilt, since your body needs 500 more calories a day while nursing! (FYI that's more calories needed to nurse than when you are pregnant!)

(*Warning, if you are uncomfortable with boobies, fun bags or any other slang term for breast you might not like the clip! Don't worry, they don't show any breasts, it is all talk)

3 Comments:

Blogger littlebeemama said...

Lol!

Have you given any thought for how long you plan to nurse? I finally weaned LB at 15 mo, since I wanted her to start sleeping through the night, and she was waking up a few times to nurse in the middle of the night.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Eralel83 said...

Breastfeeding is fabulous! I weigh less now than I did before I was pregnant...not to mention all the other numerous benefits to baby! Now I need to watch the video.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy you're able to breastfeed, and I agree society should be more accepting of nursing mothers. What is extremely hard is those of us who can't breastfeed due to medical conditions and then are chastised by nursing mothers; we're not neglecting our babies, and we're not unconcerned about their health, but we're judged every step of the way for making a choice that actually protects our children (by not passing medication through breastmilk).

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home