Saturday, June 19, 2010

Officially Graduated!

On Saturday, June 12th at about 8pm, Andrew officially graduated from Test Pilot School!!!!!! TPS is quite possibly the hardest year of anyone's Air Force career. Andrew of course rocked it and graduated with a GPA above a 3.9. (Such a smarty pants!)
Andrew and his classmates literally got to watch the days, hours, minutes and seconds tick away until graduation. He was so pumped when he came into TPS Saturday morning and saw the 000 under days!
Talk about a "different" venue....A formal ceremony in a F-35 hangar! We definitely didn't need to worry about not having enough space for everyone!
From L to R - Andrew's Uncle Mark and Aunt Diane, Step-dad Barry, and his mom Sharon and us. Andrew picked out my dress at BCBG, way back in December, but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend money on a new dress (seriously, I wasn't!) In the end, he got it for me as a 30th birthday present and I loved it! The picture above makes it look blueish, but it was a vivid purple. It was a lot of fun to wear such a beautiful dress that my husband picked out all by himself! (he is smart and has good taste, how lucky am I?!?! :)
Us with our good friends Laci and Doc (real name: Andy). Doc and Coach are known as the twins, because they look a lot alike at first glance, are the same height, same first name and were the same major at the Academy and MIT, just 4 years apart! Laci and I "competed" for most extroverted among the wives all year. (totally kidding, but we are both pretty extroverted.) Doc and Laci are our friends who just got a bike like ours. We are looking forward to the next 3 years riding around here with them.
The proud Mom with her ever, overachieving, awesome, 1st born son! I can't even imagine standing in her shoes in about 25+ years with what Asher could possibly do in his life. Wild to think about!
A nice welcoming present left on our table from our new squadron. We enjoyed this about 5 nights later while camping on the beach :)
Our mascot was the angry Bee, to play off being the 09B class. Laci designed the wine glasses and every student, spouse and guest got to take one home. Not a bad take home favor :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Andy! And also to Brooks and Asher, too! :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger The Cipolla Family said...

Wow! Let me say it again...WOW! I don't know what I'm more impressed with....Andrew's brilliance or your dress! Oh my gosh, your dress is gorgeous and you looked amazing in it! Congrats on such an awesome achievement =)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home