Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not your average 9 to 5

Most days, during Andrew's normal work days, I don't think much about his job or the "dangerous" work environment we are in. Then I get a text like this:
"Brooks, I'm putting you down to assist with the kids in the event that ***** gets notified of my death. Ok with you?"
And my breath catches for minute. I remember the death plan we had to make when Andrew started TPS, and how we will have to make a new one for his new squadron and how much Andrew and my friend's spouses put on the line for work everyday, even when they say it isn't a big deal. Still glad we are serving in the military, but some days I get on my knees more often to thank the Lord for his protection over my husband and my friend's spouses!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cipolla Family said...

Wow. That is heavy stuff. I guess when you get used to the day to day, the severity of your career choice and service to this country kind of get pushed to the back of your mind and are somewhat forgotten. Well, rest assured that there are plenty of Americans, my family included, that thank God for people like Andrew every day. We have the utmost respect, admiration and gratitude for the members of our military and law enforcement agencies. Kudos to you guys and THANK YOU!!! You are part of the reason we get to enjoy the freedom this great country provides and we are so thankful to be part of it!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home