Bugs - Cool/Yuck
Andy and I have very different views on many things, especially when it comes to anything outdoorsy/animal related. He would like to hunt Moose, I like read about them in "If you Give a Moose a Muffin". He thinks our garage would be a fine place place to skin and do all the other gross things to a freshly killed deer, I think it is a place to park a car. He thinks snakes, bugs, mice, etc. are all "cool" things to examine and potentially touch and I think they are too be avoided at all costs.
The other night I came up to bed an hr. or two after Andy....I turned on the bedroom light for a second to make sure I wouldn't trip over anything and saw a BUG crawling on top of our comforter about a foot from Andy's face.......I stared at it for a moment, wondering what to do, what kind it was and wondering if there were more from where that one came from! I finally talked myself into not waking up Andy and freaking out, but getting a tissue and killing it. I bravely got the tissue, captured the HUGE bug and squished it to death. I carefully looked around the room and bed for other hiding bugs trying not to think of times that I potentially have been sleeping with a bug crawling on or near me. (What is with animals in my bed since I moved to CO - see story of mice crawling on me, back in July) I pray myself to sleep and ask God to give me good dreams, not ones filled with mice and bugs....
In the morning I casually mention to Andy that there was a bug on the bed....Instead of being freaked, he asks how big it was and what kind was....I answer "it was HUGE" and make a round shape of the circumference and then say I don't know what kind..."The creepy, crawly, kind" To which he asks color, whether it had wings, etc....Grossed out thinking about it and half asleep I tell him to go look at in the trash can (I have NO idea why I didn't flush it!) He comes back and says "That isn't even that big, it is only a Box Elder Bug...no Biggie" A BUG IN OUR BED is NO BIGGIE!!!!! It didn't bother him in the least to be inside our home (NOT a tent) and have a bug, an ugly, brown, creepy, crawly, antenna bug joining us for the night!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHH!
I had visions of a bug crawling near our future child and Andy waking them up to give a biology lesson of how "cool" the bug is, while I stand by about to freak that a bug in our house!!!! And they say opposites attract! ?!?!?
The other night I came up to bed an hr. or two after Andy....I turned on the bedroom light for a second to make sure I wouldn't trip over anything and saw a BUG crawling on top of our comforter about a foot from Andy's face.......I stared at it for a moment, wondering what to do, what kind it was and wondering if there were more from where that one came from! I finally talked myself into not waking up Andy and freaking out, but getting a tissue and killing it. I bravely got the tissue, captured the HUGE bug and squished it to death. I carefully looked around the room and bed for other hiding bugs trying not to think of times that I potentially have been sleeping with a bug crawling on or near me. (What is with animals in my bed since I moved to CO - see story of mice crawling on me, back in July) I pray myself to sleep and ask God to give me good dreams, not ones filled with mice and bugs....
In the morning I casually mention to Andy that there was a bug on the bed....Instead of being freaked, he asks how big it was and what kind was....I answer "it was HUGE" and make a round shape of the circumference and then say I don't know what kind..."The creepy, crawly, kind" To which he asks color, whether it had wings, etc....Grossed out thinking about it and half asleep I tell him to go look at in the trash can (I have NO idea why I didn't flush it!) He comes back and says "That isn't even that big, it is only a Box Elder Bug...no Biggie" A BUG IN OUR BED is NO BIGGIE!!!!! It didn't bother him in the least to be inside our home (NOT a tent) and have a bug, an ugly, brown, creepy, crawly, antenna bug joining us for the night!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHH!
I had visions of a bug crawling near our future child and Andy waking them up to give a biology lesson of how "cool" the bug is, while I stand by about to freak that a bug in our house!!!! And they say opposites attract! ?!?!?




1 Comments:
That's freakin' hilarious - but I'm with Andy on this one...sorry kiddo. Nonetheless, not real keen on one crawling on my face as I sleep. Still remember waking up to see a spider catching a bug on the ceiling, in the helf second scuffle, the two of them fell right on me and of course I freaked, I'm totally geebered out by spiders of any sort! I'll give you one guess whose basement I was sleeping in when that happened?
Need another hint? The whole outside is colored purple - ah, memories!
Post a Comment
<< Home