Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Son is Born


On December 15th at 5:26pm our son, Asher David Anderson, was born.  He weighed 3pds 12 oz and was 16.5in long.  He was our little advent miracle born at 32weeks and 6days.  

He was born by "emergency" cesarean.   I went into the hospital on Saturday morning, the 13th with what I thought was heartburn.  Turned out I was having liver pain, because it was about to rupture.  I had developed pre-eclampsia in the month prior and now everything was spinning out of control. By the time he was born, my platelets had crashed, I had blood in my urine from my kidney's not working right, my liver enzymes were super high, my vision was having issues, not to mention the 30+ pds of fluid I had put on in less than a month.  Asher was also having some growth issues because of my kidney's not working right.   I went on to also develop HELLP in the last 48 hrs before his birth, which combined with pre-e, put me at risk for liver rupture, seizures, and a stroke.   They only gave me the 48hrs before the cesarean because they wanted to give me 2 steroid injections that had to be 24hrs. apart.  Because my condition was getting so bad though, it was literally an hour by hour thing for me to make it those 48hrs.    I was praying desperately that Andrew would make it home in time and he did.  By exactly 26hrs and 26minutes.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home