
My Mom came for a week, at the beginning of November. It was so fun to have her here and to get things more set-up for the baby. She literally brought 50 pds of baby boy clothes. (bonus for me, in having all these brothers!) She actually had 71 pds packed but when the airline told her it would be $160 more for being over 50pds, she decided to mail the rest :) Since the day she found out we were having a baby, she wanted to get us a bassinet, but we decided to go with a Pack and Play that had the bassinet feature, instead of a traditional bassinet. I had been having trouble finding a Pack and Play I liked (can't they come up with better patterns!?!?!) but the week before she arrived, Graco debuted a brand new pack and play with new features and a great pattern. The day she arrived we went out, bought and set it up. I love it, but I still stare at most mornings in disbelief that there is soon going to be a little baby using it! We also finalized all the baby shower details via phone with Sharon (The grandmother's to be are co-hosting) and got the cutest invitations ordered.
I loved having my Mom come, but I think Boots loved it more! Since I have been limited this whole pregnancy in how much I can walk, he has been a little deprived of his normal exercise amount. My Mom though, is a huge walker and takes him out every morning she is here, for at least 5miles! He is usually awake and waiting for her to come down the steps by 7am! And then after she leaves, he always goes back to waking me up that early and wanting to walk. (I think this last time he was depressed for a couple days after she left!)
The good news for us both, is she is coming back Dec 10th for almost 10 days and bringing my two littlest siblings. Boots loves playing with them, and then Andrew will be home hopefully by the 18th. If all goes according to plan, Boots will have a few weeks with Andrew back before his whole world is turned upside down and the baby comes ;)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home