Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tea + Wine Glass?!?


      When my Mom came to visit, I took her to this delightful tea house I had been wanting to try in Boulder.   It was built in Tajikistan by hand and then taken apart and shipped here.  Boulder has a sister city in Tajikistan and the two cities decide to "exchange" culturally beneficial things. We got the beautiful work of art, that is the tea house and they got an Internet cafe/town hall building of sorts.    To see inside photos and learn more about the tea house click here: The Boulder Tea House
      Anyway, I decided to order a blooming tea....Which means my "tea" came tightly bound together and as the water permeated it, the tea "bloomed".   The cooler and more unusual thing was that the tea was served in a long stem, red wine glass!   In all my tea drinking years, I never thought to try tea or serve tea in a wine glass!    The glass was a little warm to the touch, but otherwise it was quite enjoyable to watch the tea bloom and sip it out of the wine glass.  I might have to try this at home!   

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I love fun tea places ... when John and I make it out there ...I might need to try that place out!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

This sounds like so much fun. I ordered a blooming tea once by accident in NY, and 10 min later, my entire table was like "what happened to your drink?!" Hehe... I think they sell them at teaposy.com. How are you doing?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home