Thursday, October 15, 2009

10 inches

Can you believe another month has flown bye!?!?!? I really can't believe we are one month closer to Asher turning 1! 1 seems so old and not a baby anymore.....I am definitely not ready for that!

Though, Asher has probably not grown at a steady 1in a month, that is what it averages out to. Last week when we went to the Dr. while he was sick, we found out he weighed 7.6kg (about 16.75pds) and was 26 and 3/4ins long. That still puts him in the 3% for his true age, but I have to give him props, because I couldn't imagine growing 10inches in 10months.....That is a lot of hard work!!! His weight makes me wonder if the airports don't mess with their scales to make them weigh heavy! (if you remember from the beginning of Sept. at LAX, I weighed him and it said 16.5pds....I know that he has gained more than 1/4 of a pd in 6+weeks!)
This has been a busy month for us....Between going to Disney, Vegas, having family visit and getting sick, I am ready for some calm and sense of "normal"....If "normal" is even possible post kids :) Unfortunately an apple a day didn't keep the doctor away this month. We saw him last week when Asher was sick and now have to go back to discuss his allergic reaction to Albuterol, plus we start getting those very pricey RSV shots every 28 days this month. The good thing is, I can tolerate the new Pediatrician a bit better than the other one.

Asher is now in the "scary for mommy" stage of pulling up on EVERYTHING! I told a friend the other day, that this stage is very hard on my heart and I know it is just going to get worse when he is walking! He is always falling over/down, bumping himself, pulling things on top of himself. As I write this, he is practicing going between the coffee table and couch! He continues to love to chew on all things he can't have, with electrical cords and flip-flops tying for 1st place. (Though papers from Daddy's office are a close 2nd. Thankfully we haven't chewed anything important yet!) He also learned about Boots water bowl and for several days was high tailing it there any chance he could!
We tried using a push toy the other day and he could manage it, but I don't think I am going to encourage much play time with it, cause I am not in a hurry to have him walk!
We didn't introduce too many new foods this month since his diet is pretty extensive. We did add salmon, spaghetti squash, peas, carrots and kiwi. The 2 biggest changes with food was in the way Asher eats and what I get to eat. He is almost entirely self-fed these days. He loves to eat all by himself though I am not sure he gets as much as when I was spoon feeding him. Boots certainly enjoys more then his fair share with self-feeding :) As far as I go, about 2 weeks ago or so, I started eating eggs again!!! YEAH! I started with 1 egg a day for several days in a row...We didn't notice Asher having any trouble which was such a relief. I haven't added more than 1 full egg a day, but I have let myself eat more foods that I don't know the ingredient list for, or that I can see have dairy/eggs in it. This is especially nice when we out at a friends, a party or just eating out! The only problem so far, that I can see, is that I am eating more desserts! (cutting out dairy, eggs, soy and nuts pretty much cuts out 90% of desserts!) Yum, Yum, but trouble for the muffin top:)
Sleep continues to be an up(literally) and down thing. Before we left for Disney he had started sleeping 8:30 to 4:30am and then would go back to sleep till 7:30. Now...not so much...The other night was 8:30, 9:15pm, 1:30am, 4:20am and up at 7am. He is back to struggling with night "terrors" when he first goes to sleep. Within 30-45min he wakes up screaming. (very unlike him, since he rarely crys, let alone screams) He did this a lot over the summer and I think it has to do with all the traveling, teething and new motor skills he is learning. On good days he continues to take 2 "long" naps and 1 thirty minute power nap in the evening. Nursing continues to almost always calm anything that ails, though last week was rough, as he started biting me! (He has 2 bottom teeth now) I think he was doing it because he couldn't breath through is nose well, so he would bite down to open his mouth and take a breath without letting go of me. Well let me tell you, sick kid or not, I would yell out in pain and that would make him cry and then he would bite down again! Needless to say, it was a long couple of days and I am glad to say he hasn't attempted to bite me now that he can breath better. 2 teeth down, only 18 more.....Oh, joy!

And of course, our update wouldn't be complete without another Crossfit baby picture!
"I have to lift this how many times, Dad?!?!?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home