Can you imagine....
losing your child, yet still pumping breastmilk to bless others?
The tears were pouring down my cheeks this morning as I read a newsletter from the Denver Milk Bank where I donated my milk this Spring. They listed by name the donating Mom and their child that had passed away. There was over 40 names..... 40 Moms with empty arms and full breasts longing to nourish their baby.
I could not imagine surviving the grief of losing a child and still pumping milk from my body that was supposed to be for my baby. Yet, as I sat there crying, praying blessing over these women, I couldn't imagine a better way to honor a baby who has passed. Giving their breastmilk that is the best thing on the face of the earth for a baby, to other babies in need, is a gift that literally has a lifetime effect. Suddenly having donated 571oz seems like I really haven't done anything of great sacrifice.




1 Comments:
Truly inspiring. It really makes me feel blessed to have a happy and healthy baby...
Post a Comment
<< Home