Thursday, October 29, 2009

60 minutes

60 minutes is a long time.....It is 3,600 seconds to be exact.....And that is how long Asher cried last night before I gave in out of tiredness. If you had asked me before last night, if my child was stubborn, I would have told you not at all. HA-HA!!!! I had no idea he would actually have the energy, and determination to cry for so long! I know, he is the product of Andrew and me and we are VERY stubborn people, but I hadn't seen any signs my child had the same stubborn streak!! Seriously, I hadn't!

I am trying to train Asher to sleep longer at night (ie to not wake up wanting to nurse 3-4 times a night) I decided to try nursing on a schedule during the day, dropping his evening power nap and putting him to bed a bit earlier. The first 3days/2 nights it worked great. He took 2 awesome naps Mon, Tues and yesterday and went to bed around 7:15ish every night. Last night he went down great, I did a "dream feed" at 11pm and then EXPECTED to get some sleep myself! 2:20am he started wailing.....I started the timer for myself so that I wouldn't give in too soon. He just kept going and going! I went in 2x to hug him and sing a song, but that just made him madder. Finally after a FULL 60min, I gave in, decided it wasn't worth it anymore, and went in to nurse him. Shockingly after expending all that energy crying he didn't fall asleep as soon as he started nursing! He was awake for quite a while. In that time, I of course fell asleep, so he and I ended up sleeping together the rest of the night which completely defeats me trying to get him to sleep longer without nursing.

Say a prayer for us tonight. Not quite sure I can do this again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home