Happy 1yr. anniversary Coach
Andrew's new call sign is "Coach".....A couple weeks back his class had a naming party for all the engineers that didn't have call signs. (call signs are a big deal in the pilot world!) His temporary call sign had been "Mr." as in Mr. Anderson from the Matrix, but he didn't like it. (not that he is supposed to have a say) Thankfully, he got "Coach" since he has been coaching a lot of the class in Crossfit. I had suggested "Capt. America", but of course, he DEFINITELY didn't like that one either :)
Anyway, today is Andrew's 1 yr. anniversary of doing Crossfit! He had been working out like crazy while deployed, but started doing Crossfit towards the end of his time. I was a little nervous that all his crazy working out and having a new baby was going to be a recipe for me being stuck with the baby all the time and him disappearing for hours (ie, grumpy mommy)! I have learned though that no matter what is said about Crossfit, time is always on your side! Not many things will kick your butt as intensely in under 20 minutes like Crossfit does!

A good crossfitter is ready at all times...... Demonstrating hand stand push-ups at our baby shower in VA
Showing Asher how a proper pull-up is done....chin above the bar!!!
"hanging" out at Venice Beach, CA - doing the beginning of the dreaded Muscle-up!
Working out in our very own garage gym (even professional crossfit gyms are more garage style) - Asher likes to be out with Daddy and watch him working out. I am pretty impressed and proud of Andrew for sticking with it this whole year. He credits Crossfit with making him the most strong, energized and overall best shape he has ever been in his whole life! I credit Crossfit with making my hubby an even hotter stud! Watching him do 270 pullups in a matter of minutes is pretty impressive!!!!! Congratulations sweetheart. Keep up the good work (even if I don't always agree with Coach Glassman ;)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home