Friday, March 05, 2010

Never thought...

I had strong opinions about lots of things related to kids, pre actually having one of my own! I know this is NOT surprising to my friends or family! I had babysat and nannied so much, I was pretty sure I knew what I would do and wouldn't do when I had my own child(ren)! I should have learned by this point in my faith journey that that is when God loves to have a little fun :) Asher has helped me change my mind on bedsharing/co-sleeping, nursing on demand, letting them cry it out, and lots of other things. The one thing though that I didn't ever think I would do, I have done! (drum roll please....)
Obviously enjoying his dinner at the Freemont Casino in Vegas
I have given my child food while in a restaurant, which he proceeded to make into a huge mess all around him and I have gotten up from the table and LEFT IT! For some reason, beyond me, I never thought I would let my child make a big mess all around where we were sitting. I thought we would be the perfect family whose kids didn't have all the waiters and waitresses cleaning up after them as soon as they walk out the door. Little did I realize when you don't have a dog underneath the highchair catching every morsel, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not make a mess! I always feel horrible and slightly embarrassed that we are leaving such a mess, but unless they bring me the broom, what can I do but leave a big tip and apologize my whole way out the door?
Breakfast at the Marine Memorial Club in San Fransisco
I will clarify here and say that I do ask for a wet rag to wipe down the table with, especially after Asher eats something like a whole bowl of beans and I let him finger paint everywhere with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home