Being a Tourist
Catch-up story.....
I am on Spring Break right now and since I teach at a private school I get 2 weeks off! (March 17-April 2) Normally I would head to another part of the country/world. Last year I went to LA and the year before I was in London....This year however I am staying around and being a Boston tourist. Andrew and I will be moving before we know it and there are several sites that I have never taken the time to see. Unfortunately Andrew has to be in the lab, so I will be touring with my girlfriends or by myself!
A few days into my break:
Well, I thought I would have way more free time! I think this is why I usually go away...so many things have been creeping into my day and I have barely done any touristy things. I have gotten to sleep in a couple mornings and I am getting a lot more time to have coffee with my close friends....I am big on the coffee chatty girlfriend time (who would have guessed :) My friend Cecily and I did make it to the Massachusetts Flower Show. There was 6 acres of flowers! It was really beautiful and creative. One display had live peacocks in the center of it! I wished the whole time that Andrew was with me, because they had a whole section on floral arrangements and he is getting so creative with the flowers that he brings me weekly, I thought he would like it. I am still planning on going to a couple house museums and I want to try out a couple recipes on Andrew. He is such a willing guinea pig when it comes to food:)
A few days later:
I am still working a lot with my normal clients that I see outside of teaching. Most of them are still in town and like that I have more "free time" to see them. I did get over to the Nichols House in Beacon Hill with my friend Cecily. We went to a lecture about Old Time Gardens and gardening and then had full afternoon tea afterwards. We were definitely the youngest there by about 30 years, but it was surprisingly interesting and we met some very nice women. (true blue-blooded New England ladies ;)
My friend Jill (she was one of my bridesmaids) came into town for a day.... We had a blast just wandering around the city! Neither one of us had ever been in the Boston Public Library, so we checked that out (they had an awesome exhibit about maps) and then we toured some historic churches in the Back bay area that we walk by everyday! I love Boston partly because of its character and history. I could not believe how some of the churches looked on the inside and to think about how long they had been around!
End of Break:
Time has flown! I have loved getting to sleep in a couple days a week and having my evenings with Andrew. I was not quite as successful as I wanted in seeing everything. I am okay with that though because I wanted to do a couple of the things with Andrew once he is done with his thesis. (which cannot come soon enough except that means moving will be right behind it!)
I am on Spring Break right now and since I teach at a private school I get 2 weeks off! (March 17-April 2) Normally I would head to another part of the country/world. Last year I went to LA and the year before I was in London....This year however I am staying around and being a Boston tourist. Andrew and I will be moving before we know it and there are several sites that I have never taken the time to see. Unfortunately Andrew has to be in the lab, so I will be touring with my girlfriends or by myself!
A few days into my break:
Well, I thought I would have way more free time! I think this is why I usually go away...so many things have been creeping into my day and I have barely done any touristy things. I have gotten to sleep in a couple mornings and I am getting a lot more time to have coffee with my close friends....I am big on the coffee chatty girlfriend time (who would have guessed :) My friend Cecily and I did make it to the Massachusetts Flower Show. There was 6 acres of flowers! It was really beautiful and creative. One display had live peacocks in the center of it! I wished the whole time that Andrew was with me, because they had a whole section on floral arrangements and he is getting so creative with the flowers that he brings me weekly, I thought he would like it. I am still planning on going to a couple house museums and I want to try out a couple recipes on Andrew. He is such a willing guinea pig when it comes to food:)
A few days later:
I am still working a lot with my normal clients that I see outside of teaching. Most of them are still in town and like that I have more "free time" to see them. I did get over to the Nichols House in Beacon Hill with my friend Cecily. We went to a lecture about Old Time Gardens and gardening and then had full afternoon tea afterwards. We were definitely the youngest there by about 30 years, but it was surprisingly interesting and we met some very nice women. (true blue-blooded New England ladies ;)
My friend Jill (she was one of my bridesmaids) came into town for a day.... We had a blast just wandering around the city! Neither one of us had ever been in the Boston Public Library, so we checked that out (they had an awesome exhibit about maps) and then we toured some historic churches in the Back bay area that we walk by everyday! I love Boston partly because of its character and history. I could not believe how some of the churches looked on the inside and to think about how long they had been around!
End of Break:
Time has flown! I have loved getting to sleep in a couple days a week and having my evenings with Andrew. I was not quite as successful as I wanted in seeing everything. I am okay with that though because I wanted to do a couple of the things with Andrew once he is done with his thesis. (which cannot come soon enough except that means moving will be right behind it!)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home