Friday, May 12, 2006

Maine, Red Sox's, Walk for Hunger....Just another weekend



So Andrew and I and another "quiet" weekend...... Just kidding!

Friday afternoon I left with my girlfriend, Christina (she and I are in Bible study together) for Freeport, Maine. It was only my second night away from Andrew since we got married almost 4months ago.....We got up to Maine around 6pm and checked into the cutest Bed & Breakfast. (www.brewsterhouse.com) The owners were Nikki and Lester and were such a cute couple. We then drove over to Lewiston for the first part of a Beth Moore conference (www.lproof.org) When we got there we saw a couple friends from church which was a nice surprise. While we were going to buy tickets for the conference, we were handed two tickets and told that a group had bought a bunch of tickets, didn't need those two and wanted to bless someone! Christina and I stood there dumbfounded that we were being given two free tickets! When the woman gave them to us....she said "you know what this means.....God really wants you to be here!" (Not intimidating at all :) Friday night the conference went from 7-9:30 and then on Saturday 8:30-12. After the evening session.... (the topic was on bones) we drove back to Freeport to do a little late night L.L. Bean shopping and get dinner. The store in Freeport is open 24hrs a day! There was only 2 places open by the time we got back to Freeport, Friendly's and McDonalds! We ended up at McDonalds with about 20 other woman from the conference. (crazily it was a "cute" McDonald's... It was a stand alone home looking building and you went in through a front door and there was even a fireplace in one of the sitting areas) After a happy meal of chicken nuggets we went shopping.

Saturday the conference went well. We got there a bit late, as Lester and Nikki were serving up omletts, fruit bowls, coffee cake etc for breakfast!!! After the conference was over Christina and I went looking for Bates College to see where my parents first met and lived most of their first year of marriage...... Thinking because it was a small town and Bates being an old college we thought it would be easy to find...WRONG! After 45min and stopping to ask 3 different people we finally found it! It was very beautiful and we even found the house where my parents lived off campus. After that drama we headed back to Freeport to do the serious shopping! There are awesome outlet stores up there! And the town looks like it is a movie set...everything is cute, clean and "picture-perfect". We hit up a bunch of stores and only managd to do minor damage to both of our credit cards :) While I was shopping a client called and asked if Andrew and I wanted 2 tickets to the Red Soxs game for that night......(mind you these are between 3rd and home and about 10 rows up from the field!) I of course said yes, and we cut shopping short to get home.

Poor Andrew had been working on his thesis the whole time I was gone! And he was still feeling like he had not gotten enough done. He came home just before we had to leave for the game. We got to the game at the end of the 1st inning, having wolfed down Fenway saugasges as we made our way to the seats! (we were told not to eat in the seats, as we would be on TV alot) The game was awesome!!!! They played the Orieles and beat them 10-3. The weather was perfect! It was an awesome break for Andrew and nice to see them play before we move.

Sunday we woke up very early (7:30am on a Sunday!!!!) Andrew was heading to the lab and I was going to walk 20miles for Hunger! I met up with several of my high students and we started walking around 9ish. One of them, was wearing flip-flops....(first clue she was going to bail before we were done) The weather was perfect for walking, cool and sunny! The first student bailed at 8 miles, the second bailed at 13.5. (a bunch had started out with us, but because of the crowds we had all gotten separated) There was music along the way and so many walkers (I found out later that 43,000 people did the walk and about 3.2million dollars was raised! www.projectbread.org) I finally crossed the finish line at about 3:30pm...A little over 6hrs. with a stop for lunch. My legs were killing me!!!!! (and sadly I am supposed to be in "shape") Andrew met me at the finish line and we headed home for a nap.

After our nap, we went to church and then went home to get Andrew dinner and 32oz of coffee so he could work all night in the lab!!! He called me about 11pm saying he had a few more hours of work left, but it was coming along. Well....4:45am rolled around and I woke up in a panic with Andrew not home yet! I called him and he said he was just finishing and would be home soon. Finally at around 5:15am he came home having worked all night!!!! We will both be so glad when this thesis is done!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's awesome he's finished! I remember back in the days when he just made small refrences to it, but man that thing sounds like it was one hell of a lot of work!!!! Andy thanks for posting on my site man!!! I miss you guys sooper lots, and can't wait to see you in a few months! Only 39 more days in Norway, and then i'm heading back to the states to chill in Iowa for a bit. No worries on the Hawt Arian chick Andy ;-) She's coming home with me! Hahahahaha, Just kidding man! Love you guys lot's and God Bless!!!!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home