Las Vegas here we come!
Andy's Grandparents, Jack and Maggie decided to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas..... Sloan Family Reunion in Vegas! Every child, grandchild, spouse, significant other and some special friends made it out for the weekend! Andy and I got out there Friday early evening and left Monday mid-morning. For the fact that it was just a weekend, I was exhausted by the end and felt like we had been gone 2 weeks! We had a great time together and no one lost too much money! It was especially fun for me because some of the family I had only met one other time, so it was nice to get to know everyone better.
My favorite thing about Vegas was the shopping. I didn't really like the casino's because they allowed smoking in them and our clothes reeked when we got home. We didn't get a chance to see any shows, but I heard they are great....But the shopping was like no other city I have seen in the world. Combine, NYC, Paris, London, Rome and Monte Carlo and that is what the strip is like in about 1/2 mile area. I am not a bigger shopper but the "malls" were so beautiful inside and the store selection was awe-inspiring. Almost every top designer had a store there.....Now mind you $825 sandals don't work with our budget, but were pretty to hold and look at!
Considering how sexual the environment is, and how everyone can drink open containers on the street and smokes everywhere...Vegas is not my cup of tea, but I am glad we went and were able to celebrate Jack and Maggie and 50 years of marriage and Andy and I can always say we got married in Vegas!






1 Comments:
Brooks... I love your updates! I still can't get over how great this blogspot thing is! I have finally had the chance to update ours (http://walshdaily.blogspot.com) Sounds like you and Andy are staying very busy! I'll continue to check up with you guys! Talk with you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home