Thursday, July 10, 2008

Meet Chloe Slotemaker - Steve and Bridget's new Daughter


Baby Chloe was born at 11:25pm on June 23 weighing in at 1pd. 2oz. Bridget was just over 26 weeks pregnant. Because of the chemo, the placenta was starting to not function well and they had to make a decision about stopping chemo and/or delivering Chloe early. After watching her functioning levels they realized it would be better to take her out, even this early.

Chloe has over a 70% chance of survival, but only a 10-20% chance of surviving without complications. Please pray for her growth and healing. The delivery went well, but there is still a long road ahead for both Bridget and Chloe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to high school with Steve, and was a cheerleader for him all through basketball. I'd heard about his wife, and found your website with the update on their family. Thank-you for the sweet picture of baby Chloe. I do pray for her health and strength as she grows. I also pray for Steve and Bridget during this impossible time- what an amazing witness they are to God's power and faithfulness. God give them peace, we are thinking of them,
Carrie Robertson Bews

4:28 AM  
Blogger TK said...

Thank you for the picture of Chloe. I worked with Bridget in Boston and have since learned about their situation. I pray for Bridget, Grace, Steve and Chloe everyday. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the picture, please keep this updated. My name is Shannon I am the nurse who brought Bridget out of recovery after her very first surgery and diagnosis and cared for her through the tests and decisions that first day along with Debroah another RN. Bridget touched our lives so much, she and her whole family have been in our prayers every day. And will continue to be. Tell Steve we think of him and the girls everyday. I pray for an ease in his pain and for strength for the days to come. Chloe and Gracie are beautiful girls who will show Bridgets love in everything they do. God Bless.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home