Small Pox....
One of the many joys and special things about being in the military is their "right" to inject whatever they want, whenever they want, into Andy. On Friday of this past week, he came home with multiple band-aides on both arms....I come to find out that he was injected with the Typhoid and Anthrax vaccination in one arm(the anthrax one takes multiple rounds and is very controversial over its effectiveness)and small pox in the other arm.
Because I am not a child of the 50's, 60's or 70's, I knew nothing about small pox or the vaccination. Turns out that they dip a 2-pronged needle into cow pox and then jam your arm with it 15 times!!!!!!!!! YUCK! YUCK! Then you are itchy and "contagious" for 21 days! Andy cannot have anyone touch near the bandage, cannot be around anyone pregnant and cannot, under any circumstances, scratch the area.
All this, just so he can go to war! (I know this is not a lot, 3 shots, but really there has been a lot more things to deal with than just the shots)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home