Friday, April 25, 2008

Color


On Friday, I was jumping on a trampoline by 8:45 in the morning. What a way to start a beautiful, abet chilly, day! Sophia and I had a great time giggling together as she held on to me while I bounced us. Sophia is hands down the most precocious child I have ever met! Her vocabulary rivals mine and she is only 26months old! (no comments about my vocabulary please!)

Sophia is quite opinionated about what she wears (I will expect nothing else from my own child!) Today she picked a dress and because it was chilly I made her wear tights. The dress had a brown background with red, orange, light blue, pink and green little flowers. The tights? They were mustard yellow also covered with flowers of different colors. (which I actually thought looked good together!) Then when we went outside......We put on her pink Uggs, big red coat that is covered with flowers and a hat.....The hat was of course, white eyelet with baby pink trim and a bow. She was a plethora of beautiful colors and flowers.

I was sad to think that in a few short years her wonderful confidence in what she wears and likes will start to get eroded by society and friends. (I pray that it won't) Making colors and patterns match will overrule wearing something just because we love it.....There is hope though, when we women turn 50, we can join the Red Hat society, and wear purple and red with pride exactly because they don't match! Until then, I will live vicariously through little Sophia's love of color and patterns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home