Monday, April 07, 2008

Tagged.....

Susan of Made for Joy has just tagged me. This is a new thing to me...tagging blogs....Not quite sure what it means, but I am going to try and follow the rules. (surprise, surprise, I know!)

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
***
What I was doing 10 years ago:
1998 was a special year. I graduated High School (this is so dating me!) and drove across the country with my best friend Annelise
Called to Uganda, right before she got married. It is definitely one of my most special memories. I started college that Fall at Messiah College and discovered athletic training. God changed all my time lines and I learned to be okay with that!
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Nutella with almost anything
2. cheese
3. hummus and pita
4. Cereal (dry)
5. dates
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel......
2. Create some sort of retreat/camp compound where people and families can come and rest and learn more about having a friendship with God, not more about religion
3. Buy my grandmother's homes in VT, DE and Williamsburg to keep in the family
4. Buy a plane, so I could be with friends and family whenever the need/desire arose
5. Set-up a foundation that helped people adopt children from around the world (it is too darn expensive and there are way too many children waiting to be adopted!)
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Babysitter (first job)
2. Lifeguard and swim teacher
3. Direct mail marketing intern
4. Industrial Athletic Trainer (I worked with Truckers)
5. High School Teacher
Three of my bad habits:
1. I complain (out loud).
2. I am not good at controlling my tone of voice
3. I can be bossy when I don't need to be
Five places I have lived:
1. Vienna, VA
2. Germany (only for a couple months)
3. Grantham, PA
4. South Hamilton, MA
5. Boston, MA
Five People I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
1.
Ben and Ruthie
2.
Cinco Drive
3.
Shininess
4.
The LadyV
5.
Kelly Sullivan
Thanks for visiting!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing, Brooks! Learned some new things about you. :) ~Suz.

enjoyed the movie the other night too. thanks!

7:21 PM  
Blogger kira shanti said...

is this me at the bottom? i just noticed! not sure if you know other shiny people. i love learning about you, brooks.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Tagged, from Cinco Drive

What I was doing 10 years ago:

Ha! Ten years ago I was a junior in high school. Captain of the cheerleading squad and getting ready for college. I graduated in 99.

Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Popcorn
2. Ice Cream with Tang Powder
3. Cheesy Bacon Dip
4. Oatmeal Cream Pies
5. My chex mix recipe

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel
2. Give large amounts of money to all my friends and family so they could travel with me.
3. Help save the honeybees since they are dissapearing.
4. Help save the environment.
5. Put money away for my child and future children.

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Sales assistant at Limited Too
2. Landscape Architect at a firm in Colorado and at the park system here in Ohio
3. Cookie Artist at Cookies By Design
4. Florist at Kroger and a local flower shop
5. Currently, a mom.

Three of my bad habits:
1. I gossip too much.
2. I don't put away dirty dishes or laundry.
3. I have big dreams and never do much about them.

Five places I have lived:
1. Atlanta, Ga (born)
2. Springfield, Mo
3. Boulder, Co
4. Manhattan, Ks (Go Kansas State!)
5. Toledo, Oh (current)

11:52 AM  
Blogger kira shanti said...

ok. i'm assuming you were tagging me, but you know what assuming does...

ten years ago: attending uccs, working in the financial aid office, living with the gilbreaths, leading a cell group at new life

snacks:
lindor chocolates
chocolate chip cookies with milk ice cream with hardening chocolate bagels w/ butter and cream cheese chocolate

billions to spend:
pay off school loans, set up retirement fund for me and college funds for the girls, buy some land and a little house, set up a not-for-profit to slather parents who are stuck in hospitals with their sick children with extravegant luxuries

jobs: grounds crew at d.i.a, professional organizer, staff at a four-star dude ranch, genetics lab assistant, ice cream scooper

bad habits:
putting tasks over people
getting the job done, but crappily
picking my nose

places i have lived:
manitou springs, colorado
syranac lake, new york
beatrice, nebraska
hagi city, japan
colorado springs, co

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home