Friday, May 02, 2008

Tsunami risk on vacation


I have to admit my ignorance. I had no idea that Americans were at risk of Tsunami's.....How could I not know this? Anyway, here in Oregon it turns out that Tsunami's are a real risk!! So much so, there are signs warning people of them and they have just started practicing the warning signal. This signal is extremely loud and will be practiced once a month. (ie, the sound can be heard all over this town!) We were lucky enough to have just gotten to Brookings for the first practice round! Suddenly the ocean view and proximity that I thought was awesome, was a little unnerving.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your photos of the Grand Canyon and OR. Please post more! Love you and can't wait to see you next weekend! Be safe and healthy! Mom

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home