Recent Update on Bridget
An email from our old pastor back in Boston
Dear Praying Friends,
I hope that you had a good Fourth of July. The Slotemaker extended family was able to have a wonderful celebration, with Bridget making her first public appearance in months. However, things have been harder lately. Bridget's cancer has spread to her adrenal glands and parts of her bone, and yesterday they found it that it has also spread to her breast. Bridget is in considerable pain, both physical and emotional. She decided to move the chemo to yesterday (up one day), and will resume the three weeks on, one week off cycle. Please pray that God would encourage Bridget and those around her.
Even amidst their sadness, they do place their hope in Christ and are grateful for how well Chloe is doing. She's moving around a lot, and they've definitely fallen in love with her. Please continue to pray for her lungs to fully develop, as well as her heart, and general development. Hopefully Steve will be able to hold her today or tomorrow.
Here are excerpts from Psalm 13:
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? . . .
Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death. . .
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
Let us pray for Bridget and her family, to be able to move from paragraph one to paragraph two. God's love is unfailing, even when the circumstances are difficult. May all of us learn to trust in God's unfailing love.
Dear Praying Friends,
I hope that you had a good Fourth of July. The Slotemaker extended family was able to have a wonderful celebration, with Bridget making her first public appearance in months. However, things have been harder lately. Bridget's cancer has spread to her adrenal glands and parts of her bone, and yesterday they found it that it has also spread to her breast. Bridget is in considerable pain, both physical and emotional. She decided to move the chemo to yesterday (up one day), and will resume the three weeks on, one week off cycle. Please pray that God would encourage Bridget and those around her.
Even amidst their sadness, they do place their hope in Christ and are grateful for how well Chloe is doing. She's moving around a lot, and they've definitely fallen in love with her. Please continue to pray for her lungs to fully develop, as well as her heart, and general development. Hopefully Steve will be able to hold her today or tomorrow.
Here are excerpts from Psalm 13:
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? . . .
Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death. . .
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
Let us pray for Bridget and her family, to be able to move from paragraph one to paragraph two. God's love is unfailing, even when the circumstances are difficult. May all of us learn to trust in God's unfailing love.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home