First few photos of Asher



Because Asher was so early he had some lung issues and spent almost the first full week of life either on a ventilator or the CPAP (looks like snorkel gear). The CPAP looks worse, but is actually "better"....It means his lungs were doing a good job functioning. He also developed jaundice so he is under the special bilirubin lights in one of the pictures. The tube hanging above his head in one picture is how they feed him. I am pumping and they put the breastmilk in tiny syringes (1cc at a time - literally) and use gravity to let the milk flow through his feeding tube, into his tummy. My body literally crashed after giving birth to Asher, so it was several days before I saw him and 5 days before I was able to hold him. Andrew and my Mom would go to the NICU and take photos and videos of him and bring them back to my hospital room to watch/see. Our good friend Allison was a blessing again, as she came to the hospital to photograph Andrew's first time holding Asher.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home