Asher's new bed
Asher is on to his 4th bed in his little life! His first, if you remember was the quite pricey, high-tech $40,000+ Giraffe isolette.
Though it was top of the line, we were quite glad to move out of that one. Next up was the "normal" hospital bassinet. Definitely not fancy or high tech, but it did come in at the tune of $900+ every 24hrs. - care included :-) We loved it because it meant we could touch him and pick him up whenever we wanted!
Then came the pack & play at home. We were so thrilled after coming home to it empty for almost 7 weeks, to have our sweet boy right next to us every night! And though he loved his pack & pack, he literally ended up right next to us in bed most nights. (Never, say never, until you have your first kid :)

Now at the ripe old age of 10.5months he has finally moved into a real, full crib. We have had the crib since I was in my first trimester with him, but didn't have space for it in our CO Springs home. Then when we moved to CA, we were missing the screws to it and had to wait a long time for new ones because they were on back order and then I took several more weeks to finally bite the bullet and decide organic or not for the mattress....I went organic, just not the $450 organic one I was thinking about.
All that to say, Asher has been in his crib for about a week and so far so good!




2 Comments:
I hear ya, sister! I was all "I would never co-sleep with my child" before the baby arrived. But, it was so nice to snuggle with her on cold New England nights, and we always practiced safe co-sleeping a la Dr. Sears.
Hopefully, Asher will be more well-behaved than Lily and not try to climb out of his crib!!
What Organic did you use? We are thinking about doing it for Beth's twin...
Post a Comment
<< Home