Asher's 1st Birthday party
Tuesday was Asher's first birthday! Though I love my child very much, I was not up for a big party and with Andrew's crazy schedule, "normal" party times were out. Thankfully we have an indoor pool on base and after much begging and pleading, they agreed to let me have a lunchtime pool party for Asher - Lunchtime is not "open" swim time but was the only time Andrew could make it.

We made it!!! First year is done....It's all downhill from here, right?!?! ;-)
Party food compliments of Subway and Pizza Hut. I did make the cupcakes myself! (thanks to a box:-)

The Birthday Boy! The hat lasted about 2 seconds!
Modern Technology! Skyping with my family in VA, so they could take part in the party for a few minutes! The little boy is Ari. Asher and he love to give each other hugs! It is the sweetest thing!

Getting ready to try his cupcake....After one taste of the icing, he wanted nothing to do with it! We kept trying, but he just turned his head away...We have it on video as proof!
Reading his birthday card that his friend William made him
Some of Asher's little friends eating lunch
Maddie
Ava Claire
The party worked out perfectly! We had about 16 people, kids included and had the whole pool to ourselves! (plus I had no cleaning to do to get ready and could throw everything away when the party was over - that was the best part to me!) I made a video slide show of Asher's birth (skipping everything to do with the actual birth) and first 2 days of life. To go along with the slideshow we pulled out a couple of Asher's first preemie outfits. Absolutely shocking to realize how much he has grown! God is so good!
The only picture I didn't get that I wish I had, was a whole table of Dad's and a couple other guys looking rather intense and manly in their flight suits! Pretty funny to see at a 1yr olds birthday party!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home