
Asher LOVES chips! Corn chips specifically. Chips and cheese dip is even better! We were out to dinner one night with our flight from SOS and he crawled right up into the empty chair and helped himself to the grown-up's shared appetizer. We grown-up's decided to let him have it :)
5 Comments:
Are you guys still breast feeding? Or has he decided to eat only chips and dip from now on? ;) <3
Yup, we are still breastfeeding and he does not appear to be losing interest at all!! (we joke about having to wean him before he goes to college! ;)
In truth I wish the chips he liked were more fattening! He is still so little and the Dr.'s really want him to gain more weight. We haven't resorted to putting Nutella on everything yet :) but we definitely let him eat more "junk" food than I had envisioned. Trying not to create bad habits and still fatten a kid up is kind of a contradiction in terms :)
Too funny! I'm sure most women wish they had his weight issues. ;) So he doesn't do all breast milk then, it's a combo of that and regular food? I'd like to breast feed as long as possible also. Keeps food costs down! ;)
We nursed exclusively until 7mnths, then started some solids, but only occasionally. He seriously started solids at 9mnths. I wanted to nurse for at least 1 yr and then see from there. He is really the driving force of us still nursing. He loves it and nurses about 4 to 6 times in 24hrs. He self-weaned bottles and paci's at 5months (which I didn't think a baby that young could do!) Now he eats almost anything and is on a regular meal schedule (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack) plus nursing. His problem is that he really doesn't like to eat a lot. He LOVES to help us cook, but doesn't love eating that much. He has always gained weight slowly, even in the NICU on a feeding tube, so we dont worry too much.
I love nursing more than I ever thought I would. BUT I had tremendous help in making it work. My doula, Mom, NICU developmental therapists, the NICU Dr.'s, and Lactation consultants, all had a hand in helping me. I adore my LC and have her as a contact on skype, so that when I have questions or concerns, I can reach out to her. Even being free and the best for baby and you, without good help, it is easy to give-up and start formula.
I recommend Mothering magazine. It is pretty "granola, crunchy" but I love it and it is super, breast-feeding supportive!!! It has been a great resource for me.
I love "granola crunchy"! :) Thanks for the advice Brooks. I definitely appreciate your experience and insight. We're not pregnant yet, but I fully expect to be one of those toddler nursing moms! I think the because I wasn't able to breastfeed Aden, it has left a hole in my heart and I'm looking forward to that SO much. <3 I hope I can use you as a resource as well, when the time comes, if you're okay with that.
Post a Comment
<< Home