Friday, October 26, 2007

Glad Ovenware



This is a word of warning to anyone of you who use Glad ovenware or are thinking about it. DON'T!!!!!!! I found out the hard way that it is only slightly oven proof (ie, temp has to stay below 375/400, which rarely happens cooking at altitude) Unfortunately, my favorite Williams and Sonoma cookie sheet was destroyed in the process of learning this lesson. (in case you can't tell from the photos, the ovenware melted onto my cookie sheet!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Myca said...

if only I had known to warn you. I had a similar incident about four years ago. I was happy to NOT have an oven fire as a result.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THESE CONTAINERS!! MY ONLY PROBLEM IS FINDING THEM.
MY QUESTION TO YOU IS WHY DID YOU HAVE IT ON THE COOKIE SHEET IN THE OVEN? IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON ONE. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM IN THE OVEN. THE COOKIE SHEET WOULD JUST CREATE MORE HEAT!!
THEY ARE THE BEST CONTAINERS ON THE MARKET!!!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Dobbs. These are the best containers on the market. I too have trouble finding them, but when I do I buy as many as they have.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home