2 months of catching up
Well, my last entry was August 12th...Sorry all you devoted readers :) I will give you a quick re-cap of the last couple months:
August
August
- My Brother John turned 25 and celebrated his 1yr anniversary with his wife Ashley.
- My Dad turned 52 and is running about 40-60miles a week! He is training to keep up with the kids still at home :)
- Wedding Day Marathon....Andrew, my Mom, Dad and I survived 2 weddings and receptions in the same day! Andrew and I flew into DC Friday night, first wedding was at 1pm in DC on an Air Force Base (father of the bride is a 2 star general!) second wedding was in MD starting at 5pm......The 2nd wedding was for one of my girlfriends from Boston. It was a lot of fun for me because all my Boston girls that I miss so much were there! We had a ball dancing together till almost midnight (Andrew and my parents were wiped much earlier, but were good sports!)
September
- Labor Day weekend - First entirely free weekend Andrew and I have had since April....no weddings, no get-togethers, no work for me! It was awesome!
- Sept. 5 - Last day of work!!!!!!! I had given my notice in August and had planned on leaving in at the end Aug, but ended up staying till the 5th. I miss my friendships there so much, but I am loving being home with Andrew and Boots, as well as having weekends again!
- Sept 16 - Organized and ran a wedding reception for 250..... Our awesome friends Jim and Deb got married during our regular church service and then had a BBQ picnic lunch for the whole church afterwards
- My brother Jesse turned 7!!! He is still super into fishing since visiting us this summer. He got a fishing rod and tackle box and is dying to have Andrew take him fishing again.
- Started taking care of the Clayton kids again......I play, teach and watch over Robert (7), Noel (5), Daniel (3) and Anna (1) a couple times a month! They are the cutest and Boots loves them!
- We started co-leading and hosting Crown Financial Bible study with people from church. So fun to have a home big enough to host people!
- Andrew went to TX for a week......Super, top-secret conference of super, smart, space people :)
- We are sponsoring a German exchange student from Colorado College, named Jannes. He lives on campus, but hangs out with us on weekends! He is a political science major and the 3 of us have lots of world political/economic discussions!
October
- Learning to cook and bake - I figure since I am "just being" a wife, I should try to bake/cook more often......Hungarian Flour makes all the difference with altitude cooking!!! I getting good at brown sugar pound cake, sweet potato bread and lots of variations of cookies!
- Oct 7 -8 Taking care of the 4 Clayton kids overnight! Andrew and I got an instant family of 4 kids when we took care of the Clayton's from a Sunday afternoon till the following Monday night. We had a great time with the kids although Andrew was exhausted by Monday night :) This was warm-up for when we have them for 4 days over New Year's!
- I started substitute teaching at The Classical Academy Charter School.....So far I had a kid almost break his leg, fire alarm that wasn't a drill, and lots of screaming kids in PE for hours a day.....Subbing is way harder than it seems!
- Oct 13-15 Camping in Gunnison - we went to Crested Butte/Gunnison for a weekend of quiet, fishing and camping. It such a great time. We were the only crazy people for miles around that we camping in the cold (Sun AM we woke up to an inch of snow on the ground) and Andy caught the biggest rainbow trout of his life! (23in and about 5lbs) Boots loved being in the woods and rolling in the snow
- My friend Allison and I have joined the Jack Quinn Pub's running club..... We only walk the 5K and skip the beer afterwards because our small group starts directly after, but it is fun to be out there is several hundred people! (the small group mentioned is our Tuesday night one, as a opposed to the Thursday night Financial one - we are being super christian this Fall;)
- Lots and Lots of cleaning...Working full-time was not conducive to keeping up with the deep cleaning that needed to be done having such a furry, constantly shedding dog. I feel like I have to dust/vacuum everyday and sometimes 2x a day....All worth it of course for Boots :)
- Oct 20th - Andrew's Mom, Step-dad and 2 step-sisters came down for the Academy/Wyoming football game. Air Force won!!! Red Sox's also won that night!!!!!! 70's for the game and snow the next morning....CO is crazy!
- Oct. 21 st......First snow of the season in the Springs! It snowed all day, but didn't accumulate too much....I loved that I got to wear my wellies all day which people here were very jealous of.....(if you ever live in Boston for any amount of time - Wellies are a must!)
- BOSTON RED SOX'S GO TO THE WORLD SERIES!! 2 games down 2 more to go!!!!!!
So that is the scoop......We are getting ready to go to Charleston, SC and Hilton Head, SC next week! We are both super excited about the trip...Andy needs a serious break from work and I just want to see my family! (We are having a family reunion for my Mom's side of the family in Hilton Head)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home