
Well, Just as I had said good-bye to Ann Taylor in my mind, God opened a new door out of nowhere. I had been
pursuing a management position with Ann Taylor for several months and in mid-January it fell through. I decided to go in a different direction with work and was getting ready to quit. Right before I quit, an Ann Taylor Factory Outlet store called and asked my store manager if she had any management
candidates in her store. She mentioned me and I had a phone interview a day later. The following week I had an in-person interview and then met with the District manager the week after that. Right after President's Day weekend I was offered the position of Assistant Manager at Ann Taylor Factory store in Castle Rock! It is a 100mile commute
roundtrip, but it has turned out to be my favorite part of the job. I spend the drive there listening to a sermon and the drive back listening to either a book on tape or calling friends.
It was a complete surprise and retail management was not something I ever imagined doing, but I like it. I have just finished week 4 of working 40hr a week (40hr. a week in retail is very different than the way I used to work in Boston!!!) and getting "broken in" at one of the busiest Factory Stores in our District (our district is 5 states wide and includes about 10 stores - there are not many Ann Taylor Factory stores) A lot to learn, but I get to be with people and have met people from literally all over the world in such a few short weeks.
If you ever find yourself driving along interstate 25 going to the Springs or heading to Denver, stop bye and see me! I love visitors!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home