Candace - our Doula
Candace was our Doula and she was such a comfort and help in all the craziness of Asher's birth. Andrew got to meet her just a few hours before Asher was born. She was with us in the hours leading up to my cesearen, filming, taking photos, answering our questions concerning delivery and nursing and then stayed with me during prep and was there waiting for me in recovery. (they wouldn't let her go into the OR with us because I was in such bad shape) She fed me ice chips in recovery while Andrew went with Asher and was a continual calming presence focused on me and how I was doing. Then she came back 2 days later to help me get started with pumping. She taught me how to hand express so that I could collect the "liquid gold" colostrum that was so vital for Asher. It took us 15min to collect 1cc that first time, but every drop counted. From emails to phone calls to her physical presence, Candace was there for us and helped in every way she could! I am thinking I want to fly her out to wherever we are living next time we have a baby :)
If you are ever pregnant and live in the Co. Springs area don't give birth without her! And if you are ever pregnant and not in this area, most definitely hire a Doula. They are amazing!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home