Friday, July 31, 2009

Hooked on Phonics

Brooks is not a hard name to say or spell in my mind, but lots of people have trouble with it. Because I am a girl, most people think my name is Brooke, even when I introduce myself as Brooks. Over the phone people often hear "Brex"...why, I have no idea! Then when people try to spell it, they often ask if it is "es" or just "s" on the end.
Today was a complete first though..... I went to Starbucks this morning with my friend Jules. (pretty much the only place to hang out at in the morning on base) It wasn't until I was home and had put my drink down that I noticed how they spelled my name....... "Broox"..... Maybe I shouldn't be too surprised though with the way kids names are spelled these days. I am thinking on days I want to be "trendy" I should spell my name this way :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alaina said...

Oh, Brooks, I feel your pain! You wouldn't think "Alaina" would pose many difficulties, but you would be wrong wrong wrong. "Alahna," "Alienah," "Aloona" are all pronunciations I have heard, and those aren't even the worst. Good luck! :)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home