231 days
And this to this in 230 days!
Today marks the day Asher has been alive outside of me, longer than he was inside. I carried him for 230 days (out of the "normal" 280 days) It is incredible to think that in 230 days, he went from smaller than the period at the end of this sentence to a 3pd 12oz baby. And in the same amount of time, he has changed into a +15pd rolling,babbling, smiling, laughing, scooching, happy baby. Having him, made me realize how important each and every day is. In the NICU they recited exactly how many days gestation he had been born at, and how many days alive he was, because every day mattered so much. For a long time, every 24hr period that Asher lived and grew, was a miracle to us. It still is, but the urgency of his beginning several weeks was different.
God definitely made Himself more known to me in my pregnancy with Asher than ever before. I have never been more aware that I was not in charge nor responsible to make what was happening, happen. I could not give or create Asher's heart, lungs, brain, personality or soul. I could only be responsible with my actions...... I had free will to "do" what I liked with the pregnancy (eat well or not, drink alcohol or not, bedrest or not, prenatal care or not, etc) but God was at the same time Sovereign and doing something outside of my free will. I am probably not explaining well, but it is the best I can do right now, as my little blessing makes himself loudly known right now :)




1 Comments:
i must admit, when i saw the pregnancy test, i thought you were telling us all that you were pregnant again. :)
love you friend.
Post a Comment
<< Home