Saturday, December 19, 2009

Little Bear in Big Bear

Thanksgiving weekend Andrew, Asher and I drove up to Big Bear to hang out with his Aunt and Uncle. Andrew had a lot of work to do, but wanted at least be off base for his "break". (he was at work Thanksgiving morning and worked on his laptop the whole drive up to Big Bear- he had a lot to do!!!) Thankfully, Mark and Dinah said we could escape to their place. I had no real hope that we would get any snow, but was happy just the same to be in the mountains and see green "things" when I looked out the window. We enjoyed an amazing meal with them and some of their friends Thursday night. Friday, Andrew worked all day and the rest of us played with Asher (aka Little Bear - our new favorite nickname for Asher)!
Playing with Aunt Dinah
Cousin Maggie and our friend Trinity

Saturday morning we woke up to 6+in of snow!! It was awesome! While Asher was taking a nap I even got to go for an ATV ride in the snow with Mark. You can literally ride right out of their driveway into the National forest. Saturday evening, our friends Adam and Kellie and their daughter Trinity came up from base and stayed the night with us. Andrew's cousin Maggie was so excited to have a playmate older than Asher and one not covered in fur.... (Her dog Rocky and our dog Boots are good sports though when she wants to play pretend with them and cover them in necklaces!)

Saturday night it snowed even more. It felt like an early christmas present and for a moment I forgot that I actually live in a DESERT! It was wonderful to sit by a fire and watch the snow fall while hanging out with friends and family. I even took Asher out in the snow for a little bit. He wasn't quite sure what to do with it and unfortunately didn't have the right footwear to really play in the snow. (leather robeez aren't exactly waterproof!)
Checking out the snow
He is such a cute snow baby!
Mark, Maggie, Dinah and Rocky...One of their potential Xmas card photos
Waiting for Santa to arrive on the Big Bear Fire Truck...Asher has what I like to call, the "stuffed sausage" face:)
Maggie and Mark
AVT'ing with Mark
Being a big boy, eating at the counter!

Though Andrew barely got to lift his head from his books and computer, we had a great time and I especially treasured being surrounded by the mountains and snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home