Monday, January 10, 2011

1%

Yup, that is where Asher falls on the growth charts! He weighed 21.5pds and was almost 32in at his 2 yr. old check-up. Our Dr. would of course like him to gain more weight but when I told him what he eats and how we are always trying to add calories to everything he eats, he decided not to pursue any special testing. Asher is definitely not lacking for energy or strength and for now I see his small size as an advantage because my arms don't get tired of carrying him and he can still fit in his infant car seat! (amazingly he isn't annoyed by still being rear-facing and since it is actually best for kids to be rear-facing till 2yr old, we are going with it!) I think it will be pretty funny and totally the Lord, if one day, Asher reaches 6ft+ and we can look back on these days of always worrying about calories and growing, with a laugh. Until then we remind ourselves that he has grown so much since his birth (3pds 12oz and 16.5in) and that God is in control. Our job is just to fed him well and leave the rest up to the Lord!

2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

he is a cute little peanut!! He is still pretty tall though. I wouldnt worry about a thing!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Gena said...

:-) Hi Brooks, I found you on the IAC Blogs. Oh my Word! He's such a big boy! 2? Can't be... I laughed when I saw his percentile and thought, "Way to go, Asher!" My Evie was born 8lb 7 oz and yet this month was declared the smallest baby in the United States when she fell off the charts :-) So, way to go Asher staying on :-) You all look great! So fun to drop in on you. Love, Gena Parris

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home