Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2 years ago today...

Andrew walked into my hospital room, Iraq dirt on his boots, roses in hand and Boots happily trailing behind. He had been gone for almost 7 months.....I was huge and very sick, but he acted like everything was fine and I was still just as beautiful to him (good man:)
My prayer the entire time he was gone was for a safe return and then towards the end, as I got sicker, I fervently prayed he would make it back for Asher's birth. With 26 hrs and 26min to spare, he walked in the door.
My welcome home "sign" since I couldn't be there at the airport :)
In the few hours we had together before Asher was born, Andrew got the joy of feeling him kick and move!
Thank you Lord, for giving him the amazing job that he had in Iraq. That what he got to do everyday saved lives on both sides of the fight. And thank you Lord even more, for bringing him home safely and in one piece, physically and mentally!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cipolla Family said...

You guys have such an amazing story and these pics are beautiful! What a wonderful memory to treasure for many years to come. Thanks for sharing it with us! Merry Christmas =)

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Erika Watts said...

Oh Brooks, do these pictures bring back memories. I remember fervently praying, "Lord, please bring Andy back in time, please, please, please..." And He did. I am getting teary right now thinking about it. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be part of your story. Miss you!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have brought joy to my day!! Thanks for sharing and happy birthday Asher!!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home