Pumpkin waffles
This is our second Fall/Winter season in the desert. It's not getting any easier or likable for me! (hopefully we will only have 2 more winters here, before we move!) It's hard for me to get in the mood for Fall or Winter when it looks the same as July outside. I was at Trader Joe's the other day though and saw all these mixes they had for pumpkin waffles, scones, brownies, breads etc. I purposed myself to not buy them and try making things from scratch at home. Since I am always looking for things to do with Asher, and have lots of time on my hands most days, why not, right?!?! (especially on the 50+mph windy days)
Well, a quick google search for pumpkin waffles turned up a blog devoted to specifically pumpkin waffles!!! I couldn't believe it! A quick scan of the ingredients showed I had everything we needed, so as Andrew left for work, I excitedly started pulling ingredients out and getting prepped. Asher was thrilled! Especially, since he had never since the Belgian waffle maker and loved that it made a little ding noise when it was ready :)
To fellow Mom's out there reading this.....When checking out a recipe for the first time, I highly advise reading the WHOLE recipe and not just the ingredient list! Otherwise you might up to your elbows in 3 different bowls and whipping egg whites into stiff peaks, just for some waffles!!!!
Just part of the mess afterwards
Anxiously waiting for the waffles
All done...ready to eat!
Are you sure, you can't fit anymore waffle in there Asher!?!? :)
It turned into quite the mess and project, but those waffles were worth the effort! They truly were like pumpkin pie in a waffle! They filled the whole house with a wonderful scent and when I closed my eyes it smelled like Fall just for a few minutes. I ended up making them again over Thanksgiving weekend for everyone. I think they are going to be a special Fall/Thanksgiving tradition going forward. I highly recommend making them, but I am giving warning that they are an involved process!




1 Comments:
Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment
<< Home