Wednesday, December 15, 2010

730 days....

365 x 2 = 730
How can Asher have only been alive 730 days when I can't imagine our lives before him?!?!?
He continues to fill our hearts and lives with so much joy, laughter, surprises and blessing.
Sweet Hugs
We still thank God every night, as we pray with him, for another day of life! Looking back to Asher's birth, I am always filled with amazement! Not only because he lived and is thriving today, but because we were so blessed by people known and unknown. I cannot think back to his birth without remembering the hands that were literally laid on my stomach as prayers were lifted up for him and me in the hrs. before he was born, the meals that came for 3 solid months, the gifts that were given that still bring him fun, the friends that took my siblings and entertained them while my Mom stayed by my side, the members of our church who brought communion to Asher's NICU room on multiple Sundays and the prayers that were lifted for us from around the world for months and months as Asher grew. Even 2 years later, tears well in my eyes as I think back on that season.
Our newest face...The Stink Eye! Watch out, it's deadly :)
Playing at a splash pad in MN this summer. Still loves the water!
What do you mean I can't ride this home?!
Balloons, books, airplanes, motorcycles, and animals (specifically fish and dogs) are his favorite things. Oh, and he throws lefty! We think he is going to be ambidextrous because he always throws left but uses his right for coloring and eating... Time will tell!
Just catching some sun :)
What do you want Mom? You are interrupting my music listening!!!
Asher loves to play the piano and is starting to learn scales. Jamming out to music with Daddy's headphones on is almost a nightly ritual. He is more of a classical and jazz fan, over pop:)
Loving on the fat kitty
Asher's favorite phrase..."GO, GO, GO!"
In the past 2 years, Asher has grown 6 times his birth weight, more than doubled his height, learned to suck, swallow breath; roll over, crawl, walk and now run (fast!). Pretty incredible how much they learn in these first couple of years!
Future Vet?
Feeding the ducks with with best buddy Maddie
He prefers to be outside no matter the weather and loves working out with Daddy (he even has his own 2 1/2pd weight he squats with!)
Making Cinnamon ornaments
These days he feeds himself, drinks out of an adult cup, is starting potty training, loves to help do the laundry, paint, color, feed Boots and help cook anything we are cooking. He likes to think he is a grown-up when it comes to using kitchen utensils (ie, knives), our cellphones and my laptop:)
Checking out the kelp forest and fish at the California Science Center
Why just paint with 1 hand when you have 2?
Maddie and Asher - their favorite game is to push each other up and down the hallway
He has two best friends, Jack and Maddie, and loves to walk himself to their houses!
If I had to sum up Asher in two words I would say "lover of life" and "loving". He wakes ready to go and lives life full-steam ahead with joy and excitement. (the Xmas tree is a thrill every morning!) Andrew and I are both touched daily by his loving heart. He loves snuggle time in our bed, giving hugs, blowing bye-bye kisses, getting nose kisses, and will often just reach out for one of my friend's or his friends and give a huge hug for no reason. I pray daily that I will remember to respect and guard his sweet spirit that the Lord has blessed him with. I am looking forward to what this next year holds and the many ways he is going to grow, change and teach me about life!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eralel83 said...

Happy Birthday Asher! Big hugs to you!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Alaina said...

Happy birthday to Asher! I am so happy for all three of you and find joy in all that has happened over the past two years! Hugs to all of you.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly Goh said...

What a wonderful 2 years old, i have a daugther that is close to 15months too. Feel free to visit my blog sometimes.
http://gaiklinggoh.blogspot.com/

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home