Monday, August 22, 2011

Mommy, Polo...

So we have a new game in our house called, "Mommy"/"Polo"...Maybe you are already playing it and didn't even know!!!
It goes like this...Asher is somewhere in the house, proximity to me doesn't matter....He will start calling "Mommy or Momma" repeatedly. As in OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!!! (picture hearing it hundreds of times a day sometimes. Even though that is an exaggeration, it feels accurate for most days) "Yes, Asher" doesn't necessarily mean the calling stops. Only if my world completely stops, (ie working on the computer, talking with Andrew, making dinner, heck, even going to the bathroom) and I focus 100% on him, does the "mommy" stop and whatever he wants/needs can be expressed. Well, I decided after weeks of this, I should start saying "Polo" in response to "Mommy" calls, after the first call has been respectfully answered. So now most days if you walk by or in my house, you will hear us playing "Mommy"/"Polo".
And no saying "Polo", didn't phase him at all. He just keeps on calling, although now he gets a big smile whenever he realizes I am saying it in direct response to him. It also helps me smile, instead of getting annoyed and frustrated.
Anyone else out there play the Mommy version of Marco/Polo?

2 Comments:

Blogger Eralel83 said...

um yes, this sounds very familiar.

10:38 AM  
Blogger littlebeemama said...

What a great idea! I am totally copying this. I have done other things to keep my sanity, such as start singing opera or the national anthem on the top of my lungs. The other day, I turned on 80's music on Pandora and danced my heart out. The kids were absolutely dumbfounded, as in, mouths open, eyes unblinking.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home