Favorite Homebirth movie
Asher and I both love this movie. He would watch it over and over with me, if I let him. The second song makes me cry every time. I love this movie for 3 reasons:
1. All the support and love this Momma is surrounded by, including her other 2 children.
2. How peaceful and beautifully she labors.
3. How well the photographer and cinematographer capture the essence of her birthing experience.
We are praying for a similar birthing experience, although I want a few less people supporting....Just the midwife, doula, Andrew and Asher. (although if we had the money, I would definitely splurge on a cinematographer/photographer to capture the labor and birth) Hard to believe the birth is coming soon! Everyday Asher asks "baby born?!"
WARNING: for those who are squeamish or sensitive, there are 2 crowning shots
Just in case the above link doesn't work, here is the url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9vbahZnQU&feature=player_embedded




3 Comments:
thank you, brooks! this was so incredibly beautiful to watch, especially as we are just weeks away from our baby girl's arrival. i hope you can have this kind of birth! love you friend, beth
hi, I'm a friend of ruthie's from boston who periodically checks your blog as it's linked from hers. . . we had a homebirth for our first and are planning a second homebirth in december for baby no. 2. I agree that having my older son there is making this super special for me.
http://homepage.mac.com/crmichaud/0808baby/0808baby20.html
Brooks, this video was breathtakingly beautiful. Like you, the beauty of the moments captured along with the music brought tears to my eyes. I pray that you have the perfect, peaceful birth that you envision and that you and baby #2 are both healthy and happy! Can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment
<< Home