Sunday, August 06, 2006

Colorado Springs - adventure cont'd

We came back to our place around 9am….Andrew went in first to check for mice (MY HERO!!! J ) The movers were supposed to be coming as well as our new car. (We bought a Honda Pilot in FL while on the roadtrip. Anyone looking to get any type of car should use our guy Tony ….www.ibuycars4u.com. He does all the searching, haggling and then you just sign the papers – which we did via UPS while in MN) Andrew had to go to the base and fill out some paperwork and then he would have the next 8 days off to “househunt” - That is another interesting side story – His base either forgot he was coming or thought they had told people he was no longer needed out here and to re-assign him, so they were not expecting him and had no job lined up for him!!!! They gave us 8 paid days while they scrambled to figure out what to do with him/us.

So after checking that the mice were not visible Andrew took off for Schriever AF Base. As I am standing in the kitchen wondering what I should do, I HEAR the mice! Moving to a different place is sounding like a great idea!!!!The movers showed up around 10am and were 3 awesome guys. After working with these guys I now realize how bad our movers were in Boston. It was super hot and really overwhelming to watch all the boxes fill up our place knowing I was either moving again or had to unpack them! While the movers were here, they saw over a dozen mice and in 3 DIFFERENT colors…we had black ones, tan ones and grey ones….(we are a house of color diversity!) They were in the basement, kitchen, garage and backyard. By the end of the day I offered the guys $10 for each dead mouse!

Andrew came back after a couple hours, but had to leave immediately to take the guy who drove our car out to CO from FL back to the Denver Airport. (also a good thing to know ….This guy named Gary is retired and drives cars around the US for people….He was $500 cheaper than a trucking service and brought our car on the set day to our doorstep…not something a trucking service would do) The movers finished up late afternoon after searching for 2 missing boxes, one of which had our sound system and DVD player in it!!!! (the boxes are yet to be found a month later) Andrew got back and we left to get poison, mouse traps, light bulbs, and dinner. Between Monday night and Thursday morning I was at Lowes at least twice a day…..I am actually considering working there part time since I like home improvement projects. Back at home Andrew put poison out EVERYWHERE and traps all over the garage, basement, and 1st floor. (again MY HERO!!) Around 10pm after much debate I decide I was okay staying here because we had our bed frame (which makes our mattress extremely high off the ground) and we had not seen any mice upstairs. Shortly after lying down, fire trucks, ambulances and police cars were filling our neighborhood and making our room as bright as day….We figured out something was wrong with a neighbor and eventually were able to drift off to a restless sleep. Second night and the adventures continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home