Friday, March 12, 2010

Finally!!!

I was finally able to get photos of Asher WALKING!!!!!!!! He started walking Tuesday Feb. 23rd. He and I were at Barnes & Noble, my favorite "date" place with him. (No need for a toy store for Asher, just give him a bookstore and he is a happy little bear!) Anyway, he was holding my finger to walk over to another bookshelf and I when I let go, he just kept right on walking. We have known for a while he was both coordinated and strong enough to walk, but he wasn't really into moving slow.... He is all about getting everywhere fast!
Later that day when I tried to have him walk for Andrew, he of course, sat down and cried! And that is how it went for over a week. He would walk randomly, (never when I had the camera near!) and when we asked him to walk, he would sit and cry or take 1 step and then sit down and crawl instead.
Off he goes!

And in case anyone thinks we are luckily enough to have a green yard, think again!!! These pictures were taken at the Descanso Gardens about 90min from our house. They were beautiful and when I need a break from all the brown, I will definitely be heading there again! (www.descansogardens.org)
I wasn't going to pick any flowers, I promise!
Little steps/ledges make great launching pads

Well, this week he has taken off! He can walk across the room, he can walk holding things in his hands, he can walk on uneven ground and he can stand up from anywhere and start walking without needing something to pull up on....basically he is a walking machine!
We love watching him go and still are in awe of his little 18pd body walking upright all over the place! He just still seems so tiny to be walking like a big-kid!
Teeter-totter :)
Checking out the fountain....Sadly, about a minute after I took this picture, Asher swiped the side of his face on the stones and took off a lot of his cheek skin. He looks like he has been in quite the fight! Oh the joys of walking and climbing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for you Asher!! A whole new world. And Brooks and Andy look out! What does Boots think if his new vertical friend?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home